I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rockin' the Bowtie

Another fun band name.

So, today was fun. 9-12 almost turned into a 9-6, which would have been fine, but I actually had plans - as opposed to pretty much any other day when I could have stayed. Anyway, I got to see my friends from back home! Which was exciting since none of us actually still live back there! Anyway, one is still in state like me but the other is in Chicago so I went over to their place for dinner - they're sisters. We grew up together, riding the bus together since kindergarten. But dinner was fun. We're kind of family, just because we've known each other for so long, so we got to catch up, drink wine, eat too much good food - pie included. Now I'm exhausted and I have to do it all again tomorrow with my own family! I mean get, I get to do it all again tomorrow with my own family. Joking. I love my family. And it will be fun. Especially with the amount of candy those kids are gonna get. My siblings are going to hate me for that. Although, technically, I didn't buy it. I just crammed it into the eggs. I mean, I helped the Easter bunny cram it into the eggs. Yeah. Let's go with that.

So, in honor of my friends I'll post some fun music from Warped - yeah, they are the Warped in Denver friends - we saw MCR, Simple Plan, Billy Idol, Sarcasm (hot drummer), Hawthorne Heights, MXPX! and many others. It was fun.

Up first, so funny, is Gogol Bordello. I remember hearing this song for the first time. We were driving out there and I had this Warped '05 CD that like previewed some of the music they were gonna play and our jaws just like dropped. WHAT?!

"Start Wearing Purple" - Gogol Bordello

These guys were actually pretty good live. I was impressed. Kilts and all. It was just kind of a funny thing, we were blasting rock music and this gypsy punk comes out of nowhere. Yes. Gypsy punk. It's real. And it's awesome.

"Sing" - My Chemical Romance

I am jealous of their sweet laser guns.

Tomorrow means church then family then food then candy then hopefully a nap. Cause I'm going to need it.

"All your sanity and wits they will all vanish. I promise." That's a good tagline.

OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment