I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing on Red Wine, Mistakes, Mythology

Okay reference question for you. Where did the phrase "Face the music" originate? It's been driving me nuts since this morning.

Things I learned today from my awesome random facts app:
-A cucumber is 95% water.
-Leopards were originally called pards.
-Mr. Rogers is an ordained minister.
-Betty Rubble wasn't made into a vitamin until 27 years after the others.
-Horses can't vomit.
-2,500 left handers die each year using products designed for right handers.
-The two lions outside the New York Public Library are named "Patience" and "Fortitude".
which led to a conversation with grandma (25-yr-old-coworker) about taking pictures with one of them:

"Was it Patience or Fortitude?"
"I think it was Patience."
"You don't know do you?"
"No idea."

awesome.

Songs for the night both come from Jack Johnson, he's fantastic:
"Sitting, Waiting, Wishing"

love it.

"Red Wine, Mistakes, Mythology"



My other quote of the day: "We've decided to think it's charming." Which I've started to think about the show it came from. Frasier. Am I a total nerd?

No comments:

Post a Comment