I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, April 8, 2011

I can be brown, I can be blue, I can be violet sky......

Play practice was much better. The boys have decided that they're going to do a rap-off at the end, since the king in the play is the king of rap, and now they're actually excited about the musical as a whole. So practice was fun. We're letting them write their own lyrics for their rap off, then we'll of course have to clear them, but they're stoked. Awesome.

Went to my high school's musical tonight, was cool to hit up the old stomping grounds. I realized that I'm just slowly moving down the interstate, it's actually kind of funny. High school, then 20 miles down the road was college, now 30 miles down the road is work, then another 50 or so miles down the road is grad school. I'm wondering what happens next cause I really don't want to end up in Iowa. Not that there's anything wrong with Iowa, I just prefer it here.
Anyway, the musical was awesome, they did Charlie in the Chocolate Factory. I was quite proud since a lot of my camp kids were in it. Although it made me feel really old cause some of those kids were like kid kids when I was doing those musicals. Like, I was acting with their siblings and now they're all like grown and tall and wow. I'm old.
And I got to sit by with my high school teacher, who pretty much got me through high school, so it was cool to catch up. And I drug my co-director with me even though she saw it Thursday and we talked strategy for set design and commercials for our own musical.

Quotes of the week
- What's that Abbers?
- Juice and nanas...
my niece is super cute, we were reading books this afternoon then she had to have her snack.

-Give him a pamphlet and tell him to find Jesus.
a friends mom's advice for making stalkers go away

- My orca is gonna attack your porpoise!
i really feel like leaving this one unexplained but i won't. Girlscout was admiring our squirtguns for summer reading, they are animal shaped.

What else happened this week, oh! movies!
Salt - Angelina Jolie was pretty badass, I'm gonna give it a 7/10 on the Scale of Awesome. She had me fooled, I was actually really confused who's side she was on, so I had to watch it all the way through. As much as I'm for Team Aniston, Jolie is still pretty much awesome, mostly in this and Tomb Raider. Oh and Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

The Fighter - awesome storyline, awesome acting, earned every award and nomination it received. 8/10.

Weeds season one - pretty funny so far. Not sure if I'm gonna stick with it through all the seasons, I guess that depends on how this one ends. But it's funny. There's a lot of bust-out-laughing moments. Mary Louise Parker, who I didn't know much about before but loved her in RED (that made the top 5, check the favorites week post here My Life in Closed Captions: This is a week of my favorite things Day Two: Movi...) is hysterical as the widower who goes broke so in order to support her family she starts selling weed in the suburbs. Hilarious.

Next on my list is The Tourist more Angelina Jolie, also currently checked out to me but I haven't watched it yet. And, Nurse Jackie season one, plus today I just got Morning Glory. Hope to get to watch those or part of those at some point this weekend. Maybe tomorrow, since I'm only halfday.


And now, "Grace Kelly" by Mika

got my camp friends hooked now i'll share it with you.


Humphrey, we're leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment