I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My coworkers are cooler than your coworkers...

The second segment in a series I'm going to call "My job is cooler than your job". I say as humbly as I can. Here's part one from back in December: My Life in Closed Captions: Here's a little segment called: "My boss is cooler...

What brought this back is that apparently, people think I'm nuts because I would rather work than do something else. Some are joking and some are boyfriends who are upset by my priority choices. But seriously, how often can you find coworkers who will pretend to be your girlfriend to make the creepers go away, or give you their happy meal toys, or form a fake band, or make up slogans to wear on matching tshirts, or go along with your crazy nickname system, or turn super protective when something goes wrong? When you're able to go to work and actually not mind the fact that you're at work instead of at home sleeping - that's when you know that you found somewhere you belong. Anyway, if you still don't understand and think my priorities are skewed then that just proves my point. You don't have coworkers as cool as mine.

Moving on.

Okay, so I had this major update to a new ipod recently since I have too much music to fit in an 8GB one. Sad, I know. So, instead of just 1500 songs now I have over 4000 and counting. I'm feeling a bit like Abby right now when she buys ipods for everyone on NCIS and Gibbs says he only listens to 5. She's like only 5000? Here I'll find it.


Anyway, since there's an increase in songs on the ipod there's also an increase in skippage aka putting it on shuffle and skipping songs until I get to one I actually listen to frequently. I mean, I listen to all of them but there are certain like contexts for each song... If that makes sense. Like sometimes you don't want to listen to a song, not because you don't like it, you're just not in the mood for it. Anyway, my point is, I found a few songs that I not only never skip but constantly put the thing on repeat and listen to them over and over. And I know I've done favorite songs day during favorites week My Life in Closed Captions: These are a few of my favorite things - Day One: M... (yes I will overload you with links in this post) so I'm limiting these to songs that have only come out recently (or semi-recently). I'm pretty sure I've posted at least half of these before, oh well.


Song 1: Since You've Been Gone - no not Kelly Clarkson or Aretha but Theory of a Deadman.

This was my first music rec ever on here (well that and Ashlyne Huff's "Heart of Gold") way back in January...My Life in Closed Captions: Happy , Happy New Year! Hooray for Apples to Apples.


Song 2: "Something Good Can Work" Two Door Cinema Club

This is a total jam out song, I'm diggin it. Loving these guys (despite that they look like they're 12), and iTunes for giving it to me for free. iTunes' free music each week isn't actually all that bad, especially for indie stuff.


Song 3: Back at Your Door - Maroon 5

Why my new relationships never work. Kind of a theme song for me actually. Which is why it goes on repeat.


Song 4: Somebody to Love - Glee version of Queen

Loving this version, and the choreography is excellent as always.


Song 5: Lover Lover - Jerrod Neimann

Pretty sure this one has everything to do with the deep voice. It's like Josh Turner all over again.


Song 6: Forget You - Glee version of Cee-Lo Green

If you're only going to watch one of these videos make it this one. Gwyneth is amazing. She's like Cher or Ellen - she doesn't even need a last name, I'm gonna start a campaign! I'll call it the "Gwyneth needs no last name campaign" . Rhymes and everything. She's so talented and so funny that there can only be one word to describe her awesomeness: "Gwyneth". You could use it as an adjective like as in, "That outfit is so Gwyneth! Like oh my god!" She's someone who can actually pull off something like naming her child "Apple" and I'm okay with it. (Look it up I'm not making that up). I'm doing it. I'll start a trend. "Gwyneth" is going to be my word of the week. Don't question the "Gwyneth".
I don't know about you, but I'm totally making the Wordsmith watch "Country Strong" with me tonight. He's used to my chick flicks anyway.

Okay, honorable mentions that are basically great songs but I've posted them too recently and I don't want to bore you with repetition. "Misery" (Glee version) "Raise Your Glass" (also Glee version or Pink's really either is fantastic) "How" (Maroon 5) "She's Not There" (Glee version or the Zombies original classic) "Safety Dance" (okay a lot of these are Glee versions but I'm a soundtracks kind of girl) "We Used to be Friends" (Dandy Warhols) and "Blackbird" (Glee version, I love the Beatles but I'm loving the updated acapella style).


The Wordsmith is bringing food and I'm thinking movie night then crash cause early mornings (like todays) are totally exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment