I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

bugs on steroids!

That's what a friend of mine said when she first moved here. We were driving and her windshield was covered in june bug juice. haha. But there were freaking bugs everywhere at work this morning. Spiders and crickets and some weird looking green thing. Just gross.

So, Jarvis decided to go rogue again. The unlock button on my key stopped working so I had to use the actual key. Which is fine. Except that it set the car alarm off. Crimeony. I'll have to figure out where the spare key is cause tomorrow I'm at both libraries and an alarm blaring might make things awkward. Especially when there's a security guard that would totally make fun of you for it.

But play practice was awesome! I was shocked! I mean, usually it's awesome because I love the kids and we have a lot of fun but this year they're just not as pumped as usual. Anyway, today they knew most of their lines and they were actually singing the songs. I'm going back out Thursday afternoon and hopefully we'll be completely out of the books and all that. Bop and my oldest girl are writing their own commercial so that's exciting. The King and Shad started working on their rap this afternoon. So if both of those things get finalized and we start work on them by the end of this week we might actually be ready! Shocker! 16 days. Holy toast. I'm just glad I don't have to learn the lines. I do however have to write a song with Nic. Which of course we haven't started yet. Last year we wrote it just a few days before performance so we're right on track now. We still need to pick a topic as well. I'll have to brainstorm on that this week. What about, what it takes to direct a grade school play? hmm...

Another fun thing that's kind of still going on - we're having a bit of a battle on facebook! My cousins and myself that is. My sister mentioned something about not being cool enough for her daughter to want to be "matchers" with - which is more of a long story - but my male cousin stood up for her, saying our family is awesome but then something along the lines of the male members of the family being better. To which he was bombarded by comments by myself, my sister, my second sister, and two of my cousins. I cool aunt quoted him as well. Because she's right and this just proves true. "*insert last name* women show up!" Which is true! Weddings, family reunions, etc. We're always there. Us women are awesome. And it is totally on like donkey kong. Seriously.

Quote of the day:
"Another four weeks, which he said four weeks ago." Dad about his healing process. He's ready to be done with all that medical junk but the doctors keep pushing it back.

"No Air" Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown

I enjoy watching him put on his jacket in slow motion. And okay, gotta say,
Red hoodie = awesome.
Giant blue scarf that's really awkward and unnecessary indoors = dumb.
It's like the updated version of Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman yelling at each other in a giant elephant, I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment