I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, April 29, 2011

Well, that's something to scrapbook.

That's become kind of my motto lately. Well, that and "Black in the crevices" go here: My Life in Closed Captions: "I'm just coloring in the chicken feathers."
Anyway, it works in any circumstance, good or bad.
Like, if you win the lottery!
Well, that's something to scrapbook.
Or if some jackass guy totally rips you off and then doesn't talk to you anymore.
Well, that's something to scrapbook.
Fortunately today's was pretty good. Inservice at the library - it was actually kind of funny because I was at one presentation on the main floor and like every two minutes you could hear the door rattle because someone had ignored the signs and was trying to get in. The whole thing kind of flew by actually, cause I had some kickass presenters! Got to learn about some cool Young Adult books - which will hopefully help me out for my next grad school class that's about young adult materials - and talk about family literacy, see how media can affect libraries for the better and...what else...oh listen to a hysterical zookeeper dude do the final wrapup presentation, that was amusing. Plus I had a fun lunch with some of my coworker friends.
Quotes of the day: (well, some of them...)
-"Correlation isn't Causation, find out why at the library." theme slogans, long story
-"There is no crying in Koha." which is going to be a major theme in the upcoming weeks as we transition from our old system to a new one
-"I just need to carry an ottoman around with me." Grandma (25-yr-old-coworker) about the lack of a good footrest

"Give In To Me" - Country Strong Garrett Hedlund and Leighton Meester

They're actually not too bad. It's one of the few I bought on itunes so I figured I'd promote it.

and another fun movie duet
"Here's to Love" - Down with Love starring Ewan McGregor and Renee Zellweger

Another excellently cheesy movie. Not that Country Strong was cheesy. Depressing, yes. Cheesy, No.

I have the weekend shift so tonight will probably conclude with me konking out watching one of the many DVDs I have out that are due next week. Black Swan seems a bit creepy to watch at night, and Inception seems like something I should be completely awake for so that leaves me with either Eat Pray Love or 127 Hours. Maybe I can sleep through the whole cuts-off-his-arm thing. No, I totally wouldn't sleep through that, nightmare central. Guess I'll stick to Frasier season eight. Nerd, yeah I know. Or...30 Rock season one...hmm...the choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment