I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, August 17, 2012

That's not it either.

Weirdest of days.

It started out fine, met up with the library goddess to talk scheduling over a cup of coffee that she totally bought, she rocks. Was relaxed and all that afterward, then 2:05 hit and I was helping this lady find a book in the biography section - totally normal - except on my way out I see this plastic bag so I lean over and see it's got like bottles of shampoo and conditioner in it.

Since it's a weird thing and I didn't want to touch it I naturally called the guard.

Cause apparently that's what everyone does when they don't want to touch something.

Well, that or Colliers.

Anyway, called the guard, he came up and when I leaned over to grab the bag I noticed that there were other things under the surrounding shelves.

Here's a list of things we found under the surrounding shelves:

-Bag of fresh tomatoes
-Box of donuts
-2 Twinkies still in their wrappers, only slightly smashed
-Empty bottles of shampoo and conditioner
-Glass cleaner
-Old Spice deodorant

And since we ran into Superwoman on the way downstairs I got the pleasure of writing an incident report about it.

I await commentary that I'm sure I'll read when I go in on Sunday.

So there was that, then I discovered that BossLady doesn't like rootbeer.

And neither does Queen of the Known Universe.

But Rootbeer, especially rootbeer floats are like a staple in America. It's like apple pie, baseball or the national anthem. You know?

Inbody-ism: "Some dums" as in some of the dum-dums are rootbeer flavored, while some of the dums are chocolate flavored. Apparently she was sad when what she thought was chocolate was actually rootbeer and it scarred her for life.


After work I met up with the boyfriend and we drove over to the stadium for our annual August birthdays Saltdogs game. Basically it's myself, the boyfriend, and my siblings - sans children - and we go and eat and drink and cheer and dance and basically humiliate ourselves but have fun while we're doing it.

You can find last year's entry here: Extra Innings Victory I don't remember it going to overtime but I guess it did. We did tonight as well, but they lost after the other team scored one and they couldn't come back.

And then Oldest Sister's entry about it here: A Family Tradition

So we were still loud and obnoxious but there wasn't as much dancing as usual. That's okay, we made up for it with interesting conversation.

Including the quotes of the night:

-A big pickle doesn't go well with beer. 

-Always be yourself, unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn.

-PCPA - principle commander of what now? camp stuff

-Usually I wait 'til 5th of 6th inning but I'm in dire need for some dip-n-dots. she did make it to like inning number 5 at least. and that's only cause her husband got them for her. We discussed having a "text the loudspeaker" option so you could have him announce, "Hey, make that a large fry!" Would be awesome.

-But here's my lover, so call me maybe. *Bek Kate's version of but here's my number so call me maybe*

-Makes more sense to yell 'dogs' *instead of charge since they are the saltdogs*

-Schweddy balls? Sounds delicious. *yes it is an actual icecream flavor and i was forced to google it cause they didn't believe me. I don't know how we got there, someone started in on SNL stuff. Go here: B&J new flavor  *

-I'm glad you're my brother cause you'd make a really ugly sister. *birthday card which reminds me i need to send mine*

-Did you say scrip? Yeah, 15% of that goes to nelhs! *you don't want to know, let's just say what happens in vegas stays in vegas*

-Bahoobies *apparently "bajoingas" isn't the only term in use by our family. this came from 3 year old abby cadabra after trying on her sister's swimsuit. i like it and it's going to stick. Repetition made me want to do a facebook search to see if the guy on facebook in front of us put his status as "what the hell is a bahoobie?" as we started yelling it as a battle cry, did i mention there was liquor involved?*

now everytime i think of that word i do this:


More on that later.

Other interesting observances:

-Oldest Sister bought a bag of cotton candy all for herself, a few rows down a kid - maybe like 2 - sits facing her and stared at her as she ate it. Apparently, she has become accustomed to that because she has a dog that begs for scraps, so she basically just sat there staring at him and proceeded to eat it all. that's just mean.

-Someone in the box seats brought a fishnet and stuck it out the window when there was a foul ball. "That's just lazy." cause he missed so it was okay.

-We are deciding on our theme for trivia night, go here: Hey, I got flax! But it's in January so we still got time. We're leaning toward That 70's Show. I would be Donna cause I have the red hair which makes the boyfriend Eric Foreman. Since Oldest Sister is the mother of the group she'd be Kitty, sister-in-law would be Jackie, brothers-in-law would be Hyde and Michael, Second Sister would be FES, and brother would be Red.

Should be fun.

Anyway, so when we discussed that Oldest Sister should be Kitty she did the laugh. You remember the laugh from above, right?



But then she tried to do it again later and failed epically. So we all tried it and failed as well, saying "That's not it" after each attempt. I told them I'd go home, record it and send it to them and they'd send me back, "That's not it either."

Pretty sure I nailed the :02 one, though toward the end it was more like the :28.

Then it got all quiet and Second Sister and I busted out laughing at the exact same time.


Other things I learned:

-Apparently no one has seen the Evolution of Dance video because they don't know the "Tonto" dance

-Staying away from the giftshop means less money spent on random shirts that I wear maybe 3 times a year.

-There is such thing as too much dough in a pretzel.

Check out these sweet moves.






dig it.



No comments:

Post a Comment