I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, August 26, 2012

We're just like you, only prettier.

Geez, a girl has a crappy day and doesn't post for a couple days and you guys go all crazy.

Think I got more phone calls, texts, emails and Facebook messages than I got for the "life sucks and then you die" fiasco a few months ago.

Yes Thursday was for crap but it's not the reason I've been off the radar, I actually had some semblance of a life the past couple days. Don't worry, I won't be going off the grid anytime soon. Even if I am banished up north.

Friday: Worked 9-6, Fearless Leader is on her last few days so we got together at Slim Shady's place after. Though we were all super zonked out so booze cakes with the girls turned into order pizza, drink beer and vedge out of Slim Shady's couch. We turned on Hunger Games but as it was a library DVD it skipped out a few scenes in. We saw it in theaters so were going to throw out some commentary. Didn't really matter though, by the time it started skipping we weren't watching anyway. Spent the majority of the time talking and joking around. I'll miss that. Stupid Kansas.

Quotes of the night: 

-"How many library service associates does it take to find parking?"

-"How many library service associates does it take to roll up a window?"

-"Do you know what it's about?"
-"It has pretty pictures."

-"They had fancy pugs."
-"That's an oxymoron."

Since I had class the next morning and had to leave at 6:30 I figured getting back to my apartment past midnight was probably staying up late enough so I crashed figuring I would post the next day.

Didn't happen.

Saturday: First official day as a Graduate Assistant. Intro to Info Tech was supposed to start in the library at 8:30. As I'm the GA I got there at 8, which was actually good since when I showed up the doors were locked. I texted the Library Goddess and she came over like, "what?!" Yup, all doors locked even though they had just double checked on Thursday. Left us all flailing so we moved to the new building instead. However, since we moved and there was no advanced warning the Library Goddess stayed and directed people from there and I got to loiter in the hallway directing traffic in the building.

It was amusing cause one of the professors thought that I was lost cause I was like walking back and forth and I'm like, nope I'm good. Then she squints and was like, "oh you're _____ niece!" Yep, I get that a lot around there. It's rather amusing. The Cool Aunt is pretty popular.

Anyway, after the flailage was my first class of the semester. Also amusing is that my professor works for the same library system as I do so there was a lot of LCL references at which I had to smirk. It was a good class. She's a good teacher, skipped the parts that weren't necessary so we got out early.

Got to hand out some contact forms, today as well, along with library barcode numbers. And I got to erase a board and bring Library Goddess coffee....GA life is good.

Hey, it pays for my tuition. It's easy for now, there will be more in the upcoming weeks.

So early morning plus class meant I was pretty zonked by the time the boyfriend came over in the afternoon. But that's okay cause he was out as well. Basically watched part of the Hunger Games, some Wipeout, Shawshank, Silence of the Lambs - oh my god nightmare central, disgusting - and then some standup.

Did I mention we were zonked? By the time we looked at the clock it was far past midnight and since the weather was crap he slept here.

On the couch.

Though I don't know how much he actually slept since he works nights and sleeps days.

Sunday: Left around 11:30 for class today since I had to be there early again. Dressed up and all that, stopped for coffee, huzzah.

Reference 'til 4:30. Only 13 in the class so it was some good discussion. Yesterday's was 12, I'm liking these smaller class sizes but I guess that happens as you get farther into the program, similar to college.

Plus I know pretty much everybody there so that's cool. The Authentically Awesome One and Only KB is in it, along with one of our interns from this summer - she's in Info Tech with me as well - plus Sam who I've taken the last like 4 classes with. I think this is the first semester I don't have a class with David - face to face anyway, he is in my online one.

After that I came home, did some editing, watched some NCIS and jammed with Carter.

Though lately jamming with Carter has just been annoying. For this entire week straight all he does is bite. Like literally, I get home and I feed him and then he just keeps pouncing on me. I put him in the cage when it happens so it seems he spends more time in there then out here when I'm actually home. Frustrating. Will have to use my excellent reference skills to figure out what the heck his problem is.

So that was my weekend. Tomorrow is back to work, the same with the rest of this week. Will have to finish up that website, hopefully our tech guy will either approve it or tell me to change it and I can actually publish it before our first meeting.

Song of the day:

Only Prettier - Miranda Lambert
love the country music star cameos in that one.

Was totally jamming to that one on the way to the car after class and didn't hear the Authentically Awesome One and Only KB honk her car at me.

Yeah.

The headphones are loud.

Space Cadet says her hearing at 70 will be my hearing at 35. Actually I'm pretty sure that's in here somewhere.

It's okay, I caught her waving and we joked around for a while.

Was amusing, even though technically the AA1&O:KB - that's a tag for ya - left before I did she was in my rearview for most of the drive home. Only because the Cool Aunt taught me a shortcut for how to get out of there. Think I lost her around Gretna. Construction and all that.

Well, tomorrow is tomorrow so I'm going to crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment