I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Can't read my polka face.

So The Voice is coming back for a fall season.

I'm sure my boyfriend is thrilled to hear that.

Apparently I'm all crazy obsessive about the show, though I doubt I'll have time for it with class and work and life and all that.

This year is a bit different, I mean the basics are still the same, except now when a coach cuts somebody the other coaches can pick that person up - but they have to win them over first, it's basically blind auditions all over again, they hit a button and fight for them.

Should be fun to watch.

On DVR.

Speaking of DVR, currently skimming through more old olympics. Up to USA men's basketball taking on Spain for the championship.

Just got done watching Haywire - eh, I mean it was alright, I was hoping it would be better. I could see a lot of Bourne tie-ins, but there was just something missing. Scale of Awesome puts it somewhere around 6/10.

And it had some major names in it so I'm surprised it didn't get as much press, Ewan McGregor, Antonio Banderas, Channing Tatum, Michael Douglas, and of course American Gladiator Gina Carano - I gotta give it to her, she was pretty badass.

Can you tell the boyfriend is sick?

It doesn't help that I have like 8 movies checked out and they're all due this week.

Why is it that the ones I get fined for turning in late are the ones I don't watch? Like, I check it out cause I think it looks vaguely interesting, but then something else comes in that's more interesting and I watch that instead and push the other to the back-burner and then it sits there until I show up for work and go crap, that was due yesterday. Woops.

Yes I have fines.

I'm aware that it's pathetic cause I'm there everyday.

But if I didn't have fines I couldn't use the line, "it's okay, i have fines too and i'm here everyday. at least you have an excuse." So really, it's a win.

Not really.

And I gotta pay it down so it's under $10 before the changeover from under $15 in September.

I'm also attempting to order ILL stuff before September cause after that I'll get charged. Guessing that's gonna kill that program, but I guess we'll see. Just put in a request for Daria complete series, I loved that show.

Old MTV rocked.

New MTV sucks.

Alright, enough TV crap, life today was good.

Starting training on volunteer stuff for that transition. Oh yeah, they made me Volunteer Coordinator for our branch. It's like a promotion without a raise.

So basically more work, which is fine, work is work.

And I like it so we're good.

It does make things easier since I was already in charge of the Teen Advisory Board which is basically a bunch of teens who volunteer for library stuff. This way there's crossover and I'll know what's going on.

What else is going on? Um, had a burrito for lunch, that was fun.

The boyfriend is sick, that's not fun.

Umm....what else?

Nope that's all I got.

Songs of the day: Weird Al - Polka Remakes

Blame these on random ILL's that I'm getting out of the way before I have to pay for stuff.

Polka Face
love animated P!nk, that's fantastic.

Angry White Boy Polka
but now i just wanna listen to SOAD chop suey actual version.

Out for the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment