I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, August 9, 2012

2 buddhas and a bonzai

Was kind of a weirdass day.

It started with a pack of cookies and ended with a bag of catfood and some leftover sushi.

Basically we never have snack-age in the backroom. Well, our backroom that is. There are plenty of snacks throughout the other back rooms so I brought cookies.

Cause I'm an enabler like that.

The morning flew by but that's only because I went to lunch from 11:45-12:45, and when I say I went to lunch I mean I grabbed lunch from the place across the street and drove across town to a different branch where we were supposed to meet at 1PM. The plan was to eat on the way and then go in, but it took shorter than I thought - construction is a mess there - so I ended up eating and staying in the car until like 12:50 listening to the awesomeness that is Kristen Johnston's autobiography "Guts" which chronicles her drug addictions and recovery and life in comedy and all that.

I know, yet another celebrity drug horror story and it actually reminds me a bit of Carrie Fisher's "Wishful Drinking" which I also loved the audio of.

There's something about listening to the author's themselves reading the books they slaved over.

Anyway, it's hysterical because she's hysterical and it's open and honest and really I had no idea that she was hooked on Morphine and all that, but then she was on Anderson Cooper after the olympics reading her faux-obituary and since I loved her on 3rd Rock I figured I'd look into it.


Definitely worth it. On disc three and still loving it.

Okay, so after lunch with the meeting. Us TAB leader-folk decided to get together before the actual TAM - scroll to yesterday and you'll get the abbreviation - to talk about our Hunger Games party. Basically we're getting all of our kids together at a park to celebrate the awesomeness that is the Hunger Games by competing in random games and all that, should be fun I'm excited for it.

After our pow-wow was the actual meeting, mostly Summer Reading stuff - booklets, programs and the sadness that was the lone bunny at the home branch but that's a longer story - then I headed back to the work branch to finish off the day, taking down our artwork covering the ELL room window and working two consecutive hours with the Queen of the Known Universe. We were in shock, mostly because yesterday we decided they never stick us together because they know we'll probably take over the library in some sort of hostile manner.

But we're better than hostile, we're sneaky, and came up with our plan during hour 2 of our afternoon.

After closing up the lab I headed out to meet the sisters for sushi. I was there first - think that's a first for our dinners but there's usually some element of carpool - we talked Vegas, camp, significant others and tiny children.

Some highlights include:
-"2 Buddhas and a Bonzai" - so my boyfriend thinks that I don't drink. Which I guess lately, I haven't so much. Not that I keep track, but we do lean toward an adult beverage when we do our monthly dinners. This time it was sushi so we tried their fruity drinks and they turned out pretty well.

-"Salmon in the coffee aisle" - I hate Hyvee. Well, not the chain, just the one in particular, but apparently even Oldest Sister disagrees with their customer service. My angst revolves around their organizational system, okay so they don't have salmon in the coffee aisle, but they might as well.

-"What happened in there?"
-"I don't know, but it hurt." - as I was told by my mother as I cringed in fear, "if your 6 year old nephew can get his cavities filled you can get your cavities filled" So my nephew had cavities that needed filled and as his mother's wonderful pain-free theory of ignorance is bliss resounds when it comes to getting your cavities filled she didn't tell him about the shots. Famous story in our family - which I told on here a while ago during the "on nitrus" post is that the dentist told her that she was being pinched and that's what hurt, my brother then explained, "it's not a pinch you idiot it's a shot" and changed her dentist visits forever. I told this story to my dentist after he told me I'd "feel a slight pinch" and then he changed it to "okay, it's not a pinch".


The catfood that this day ended with actually came about after supper, apparently when I picked up Carter from the farmhouse I grabbed the tub of food, but neglected to grab the bag of food which must have been somewhere in the general vicinity. So Mom brought it to the zoo today - the family went while I was at work, which I'm fine with. Now the only thing that comes to mind when I think of the zoo is the lonely bunny at the home branch, smooth. Long story. Anyway, so she brought it to the zoo and gave it to Oldest Sister who stuck me with it after dinner.

So I got to carry that up the stairs along with my sushi leftover that I will probably pull out immediately following this post.

For some reason leftover sushi always tastes better after midnight.

Alright, I'll leave you with this clip of Kristen reading the epilogue to her book. I really do recommend it, I'll wait 'til I finish to give it an accurate Scale of Awesome rating. But if you like comedy, strong women and tales of unfortunate events then this is the book for you.


rock solid.

killed my pre-11:50 postings, bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment