I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Feel good. Feel good. Feel good. Feel good.

Remember yesterday when I said I was going to "brave the lab"?

I braved it.

And then some.

Cause you know what happens when you get on a roll.

It all started first hour. Showed up at 9, started cleaning keyboards and screens at 9:05, finished the lab at exactly 10:04 when the stampede began up the stairs.

Missed it by that much.

Yes, the second the doors open to the public there are like 10, okay more like 20, people that all run up the stairs to get to the computer lab and the filtered outside the lab.

Not so much the express 15 minute ones.

Anyway, they were gross. I won't go into details because I don't want to scar you for life.

But yeah, gross.

Super, uber gross.

And sadly according to Fearless Leader it had just been done a few months ago.

So after that came desk stuff and all that, ran a Lost in Transit list which reminded me of myself and my home branch coworkers' plan to form a band and call ourselves the "Joe Studley and the Lost in Transit". Listed all the instruments we can play between the, well at the time there were 7 of us, but that was as far as it got.

After lunch I got tired of walking past three carts overflowing with crap and I had a free hour so I cleaned more and got it down to one highly organized cart against the wall so there's space.

Huzzah.

Then went back to search lists, and checking in. At that point I was ready to fall over so I took a break, told Queen of the Known Universe to wake me in 15 minutes and crashed on the basement floor. Unbeknownst to me that responsibility was passed on to Girlscout once QOTKU's break was over.

The thing was though when I heard her get up I set my alarm to make sure I'd wake up and when it went off I headed upstairs forcing Girlscout to track me down to make sure I was conscious and all that.

If I'd known I would have given her the headsup though it was rather amusing.

One thing I learned: basement floor, not so comfortable though surprisingly more sanitary than the computer lab.

After that I went back to check-in and youth services avoiding a tiny screaming child.

That's meant to be interpreted as a tiny child who screams, not a child screaming "tiny" over and over again.

Finished work, came home to watch "Man On a Ledge" Scale of Awesome says about 7/10, it was a lot better than I expected. After that I went back to editing, made a lot of progress on that lately, will work on it more tonight until I crash and pass out with my laptop on my lap with olympics on in the background.

I keep watching the men's basketball game over and over cause I want to actually watch it but I get distracted and only make it through like half of the first quarter or the last few minutes.

So yes I know what happens but that's not the point.

Speaking of points, didn't get any from Superwoman today even though I was super productive. Will have to remind her of that tomorrow.

But when I ask for points she gives me none claiming it'll make me more motivated to do even more.

A boss making me actually work and strive to be better?

Well, that's just mean.

Early morning tomorrow for a meeting with the Library Goddess to come up with a schedule and life plan and all that.

Song of the night:

Check out this cover of the Gorillaz, it's fantastic.




for the original go here:


No comments:

Post a Comment