I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"Politics is the art of postponing a decision until they are no longer relevant"

Watched "Red Tails" with the boyfriend tonight.



It was incredibly cheesy. 

Even for George Lucas. 

And I say that in the nicest possible way, I'm a Star Wars nerd. 

But even that has moments of cheesiness. 

It was interesting because if you closed your eyes you could still hear Star Wars.... if that makes sense, I don't know there was a lot of shooting and flying vehicles and all that.

Cuba Gooding Jr. and Terrence Howard did fairly well, but they weren't in it all that much. 

I like Daniela Ruah from NCIS:LA so it was interesting seeing her in a non-English-speaking role. 

And I mean it was a good story, it was, it's just that okay *SPOILER ALERT* like none of them died. 

Until the end. 

But they were rookie pilots pulling crazy stunts against experienced ones with better planes.

Even the one whose plane leaked gas and caught fire when it crash-landed survived. 

He was like, "wait, is one of them really going to die?" 

Nope. 

Eventually yes, but even the dialogue was cheesy. There were a lot of moments when I stopped watching and was like, really?

Scale of Awesome says about 4/10. There were some good lines, and they meant well, so I've got to give them something, you know?

They just didn't pull it off. 

So that was a bit disappointing, but at least I got to see the boyfriend since he was gone this weekend and he'll be gone again this upcoming weekend.

Now I'm back to delayed olympics - US women's basketball just beat China, and US women's volleyball is currently up one set to Turkey.

Work was better today, I didn't screw up as often as yesterday so that's a bonus. Made a lot of progress on a booklist that got back-burnered because of camp and other library-related stuff, mostly Summer Reading. But now that's okay, well it's supposed to be over but apparently we're still handing out prizes until like Winter.

Which is fine, I don't want to turn kids away, I'm all about kids in the library, but now things have slowed down enough that I can focus on the fact that TAB is starting soon and that I'm still completely unprepared. Hopefully Thursday will help, we're getting together for TAM, which I've learned stands for "Thursday Afternoon Meeting".

Though it usually says "TAM Meeting" on the schedule so kind of kills that whole abbreviation thing with redundancy.

Anyway, I'm going to flail to the fellow leaders of TAB - aka other branch leaders - and ask them for advice on activities and meetings. I have lots of tips from Mentor but she's encouraged me to talk to others as well so learn about their different approaches.

So I can find one that works for me, basically.

But they're good kids and actually show up for meetings and participate so I'm grateful.

Alright, enough about that, I'm gonna crash. Starving actually, just realize I haven't eaten anything since that polish dog at lunch. Should probably work on that, popsicles or something. That's basically all that's in my fridge since I emptied it out before camp and haven't went shopping since.

I think there's some icecream cake in there from my birthday, should probably toss that.

Which just reminds me that I'm old.

Well, older than I was February 18th, I don't know where I'm going with this. Gonna get food and watch some more olympics before I crash.

Song of the day:


"Pontoon" Little Big Town
too catchy for its own good.

3 days in a row with legitimate pre-11:50 times, what's wrong with this picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment