I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, August 13, 2012

Looks like love.

Okay, so this post will be filled with The Closer and Major Crimes spoilers. 

If you are a fan and haven't watched them yet then read this later.

So, finale, thoughts?

Things I liked:

-Didn't kill off the main characters - my prediction was that it would end with a shootout and Gabriel would die and Brenda would be stuck in witness protection since killing her off would bring nothing but outrage and boycott of Major Crimes. Hopefully they'll make guest appearances at some point. Loved the "hi chief!" yell from Tao when she called Fritz.

-Ties to the pilot with the "looks like love" reference (that probably no one but diehard fans like myself and apparently the Cool Aunt caught. We were texting back and forth during the finale but she crashed before the Major Crimes debut)
and "that bag" which was also referenced a lot in season one. Shooting Stroh through it was fantastic and reminded me a bit of Kill Bill Vol. 1 when Uma Thurman's character shoots Vernita Green through the cereal box - ironically the brand was named "Kaboom"
There's also the similarity between everyone hating Brenda in the pilot and now they all hate Raydor.

-I actually kind of like Rusty and am intrigued to see how he's included in Major Crimes since he's listed as a major character in the series and have the publicity photos to prove it. Was good to see the human side of Raydor as well.

-Intrigued about the female detective, "i need at least one person working here who actually likes me", hoping she'll last longer than Daniels did. She rocked.

-Didn't mind the ending, though it helps that it isn't officially over and Major Crimes doesn't suck so that's muchly appreciated.

Since Commander Taylor is now Assistant Chief Taylor I'm wondering if JK Simmons (Pope) is going to be in this at all since you never saw the actual chief in The Closer until he was retiring and handed it off to Delk.

I'm guessing with all the lawyers it's gonna turn into a Law and Order kind of thing - not sure I like the who pleas and deals thing.

Anyway, it was good and I'm glad it ended well and there weren't major loose ends which happens a lot with popular shows such as LOST and all that.

Though I actually didn't watch that one. Heard something about a smoke monster and went, eh.

Alright, so that was good today, also got to sleep in and went in for only 2 hours, tomorrow I'm back to 8 hours but I can take it. Was starting to get spoiled with all this sleeping in stuff but now I'm finally recovered from camp.

Think I'm gonna eat a popsicle and crash.

Song you know but forgot you knew it:





and yes, i'm aware that this post officially labels me as a nerd - like many others - but i've been with the show since the very beginning 7 years ago getting a bunch of other people hooked so it's worth it to look like a nerd.


out for the night.


1 comment:

  1. OK, I agree with you on everything you wrote. I LOVE the fact that Brenda shot Stroh through her purse. And beating the shit out of him just to get his DNA was brilliant. The job offer of lead investigator for the DA's office seemed a bit convenient but I like the idea of Brenda still being around. I think Raydor will be OK. She was kinda getting into the whole Major Crimes scene anyway and seemed a logical choice to replace Brenda. Not sure about the new detective. I liked Daniels because she was very smart and tough! Too bad she couldn't come back! I think your take on the new Major Crimes becoming kind of like L & O could be right on the money, but that might be OK. I hope Raydor cuts Provenza some slack. He's a good guy and a good cop. Not sure about the Rusty thing. Maybe this is the writers' way of giving Raydor a home life outside the job. After all Brenda had Fritz to come home to. AND I'm still mourning Willie Rae :-(

    ReplyDelete