I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

feels so good to hit the ground.

It has been brought to my attention that people don't know the "Tonto" dance.

This is wildly depressing to me.

So, here, educate yourselves:

Will the Thrill and Boogaloo Shrimp


Or you can watch them do it here - before the taping of their last show - Fresh Prince Final Episode Pre-Show

Basically the Fresh Prince and Carlton go broke in Vegas so they have to come up with some money and enter themselves into a dance competition.

And no, I have no idea why someone would put video game characters on the side of their video but it was the best quality so I'm sticking with it.

C'mon people, even the marines know the dance.


Apparently training was boring that day.

Don't ask, don't tell.

Although the song is actually called "Apache" really the only known words to the song are "Tonto, jump on it, jump on it, jump on it." and repeat.

Originally released as instrumental in the '60s in Britain by the Shadows, then the Incredible Bongo Band added some more hiphop-ish elements to it in the '70s and the version you're hearing is actually the 1981 take on it by the Sugarhill Gang who added the lyrics.

It's also been remade by Sir-Mix-Alot, Fatboy Slim, and more recently Beck - but no, he doesn't loser-rap in it.


Yes, I'm a nerd. Look it up.

More website progress today, gotta remember to get it cleared by end of tomorrow. I'd like to have it up and running by next week since the first TAB meeting is on the 4th.

A little harder to build one when you're at the front desk for three hours but it reminded me why I started at the library in the first place, which lately has been interesting because I've had more time off-desk than anything else.

Not that I'm complaining, it's nice to actually have time to work the stuff that I've been assigned and elected for. Speaking of, first volunteer came in today so I got to give him the tour and get him started on random projects. And of course that's when both pencil sharpeners decide to break - weird, and as I thought that was boring anyway I got him started on some computer stuff that he picked up fairly quickly.

What else? Umm, got to jam with Fearless Leader today for like 3 hours which rocked, worked with BossLady and The New Girl - we were shocked and couldn't remember the last time that happened. Though she's stuck in the basement cause she's half cataloger and half public service. Well, more like 30/10, sad day.

My cat is driving me nuts. He's on some sort of biting rampage even though I'm covered with blankets and wearing sleeves. No idea what his problem is but he was like this yesterday too. Missing the farm perhaps, but it's keeping me up at night and makes me frustrated in the morning. I put him the cage and he whines. I close the door to the bedroom and he pounces on it.

Erg.

Yes, erg.

It was either that or arg but I'm not much for pirate talk as of late.

I'm falling behind on that version of Mango Language though I did at one point attempt it.

We have this language database that teaches you language at your own pace so you've got like Spanish, French, Italian, Mandarin and then at the bottom... Pirate. You should look into it, it's free through the library man.

I wanna learn sign language, I think that would be fun.

Alright, I'm off to do some more editing. Final touches and then I'll send it. Huzzah!


Couple of old favorites I haven't mentioned yet:

Frequently played when I'm in my head as random music such as this tends to bring me out of my head.

Not that I'm in my head today, I just heard the first one and it went from there.

Falling Down - Avril Lavigne
yes, old school. well, not really, but it is for me. and really all I can think of is Sweet Home Alabama when I hear it, but it's still a good song. you can actually watch that whole movie on youtube.

Actually I'm pretty sure I brought this next one up back in Favorites Week. Or should have at least as it is one of mine. I know it's been posted at least once cause it's got a tag.

Shattered - Trading Yesterday
there are two versions to this song, this is the longer and wordier version. the other is just instrumental from 2:15 'til the regular verse which is usually at 3:23 but this one repeats, hence the reason it's longer.

see how i can do math?

look mom, no hands.

i like them both but find this one more satisfying. if that makes sense?

it's a headspace kind of thing.

but give it a shot, it's worth it.

Alright, edit then sleep. Staff meeting tomorrow morning so I gotta be semi-conscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment