I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, November 12, 2011

"Who licked my boots?"

I cannot convey how much I love She & Him's new Christmas CD. Buy it. Or check it out on iTunes. It's worth it. Zooey Deschanel's voice is fantastic and they don't kill any of the classics - like so many others do. I'm impressed.
Although, whenever I hear "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" I cry no matter who sings it. And if they suck it's because they suck. I have no idea why that song. So don't ask. Just like I can't keep a straight face when I hear "Baby, It's Cold Outside." But I blame that on Tallulah Bankhead. I'll explain that one later.

Okay, so Booze Cakes with Slim Shady and Fearless Leader. I left the baking to the pros since Slim Shady likes her apartment as it is - minus the scorchmarks that would array her ceiling if it was me. Not that they adorn mine, yet. But I'm sure those days are numbered.

I documented. and threw in some colored commentary.

Cake #1: Take #1. "Mudslide Cake"

Check these.


post-baking process.


caramel of awesomeness


adding the creamy stuff.


cake pre-caramel wreckage


post-caramel wreckage of awesomeness.

It's excellent. And now there is a significant hunk-o-booze-cake sitting in my fridge. Surrounded by other random leftovers that have built up this week.

But that was yesterday. Today was class, and I think I'm good. And forgiven. It seems to be good, "I'll probably do it to you twice before we're done." So life is good again. Huzzah! Excited about life! Well. Getting there.

Class this morning, went early so I could grab coffee for self and the Library Goddess on the way. Then hit up their impromptu lunch thing in the lobby with sloppy joes and the fixings. I jammed with David. I seem to be hanging out with him at class a lot. He's cool. We jam in the back corner for class. And he's in cataloging with me next semester as well. We also redesigned the same library, he's the one that set me straight on the due dates and saved my butt.

But anyway, we watched the game in the lobby and cheered and yelled at the screen. Freaked out one of my female classmates when she thought I was yelling at her to "GO!" No. Not you. Burkhead. Up the middle. Sorry. WHAT A GAME!! Oh man!! I could not be prouder of my boys. Seriously. That was a tough game with all the drama involved but they kept it together and were classy about it as well. No disrespect at all, met them on the field before the game. I was impressed. And that was drama central. I don't even want to think about that, seriously. Awful.

After that I came and watched some Scooby Doo at the apartment, finished all my discs so I can return them tomorrow. I'm loving these collections that have them grouped by genre. Scooby Doo and the Zombies or and the Pirates or and the Ghosts. It's fantastic. Cause it's classic episodes mixed in with the "What's New Scooby Doo's" and all that. I'm a fan. Our whole family is a fan. My big brother used to take a break from driving tractors when he was like 10 to come back and watch Scooby Doo for half an hour before he'd go back out to work. Left a 4-wheeler at the end of the field for him. Still makes me laugh. I'm tempted to download the original theme as my family ringtone. Not that Super Mario Bros. is getting old, but it's good to switch it up every once in a while.

Aannd after that I hit up the Parthenon with Oldest Sister. She was pretty much zonked out with tiredness so when we attempted to watch Captain America afterward she was out within minutes. "You awake" .... .... .... "Guess not." But I jammed with her fluffy cat on the couch. Although she was freaking me out. Has a thing for my jeans. Think they smell like Carter or something.

Quotes of the day:

Me: "I'm gonna need a serious box."
Oldest Sister: "As opposed to a normal one?"
Me: "Yeah, cause a serious box helps to contain the seriousness of the dish and keep it seriously contained because of it's seriousness..." and then I added a few more "Seriousness"s in there somewhere. But I refused to explain it again to the waiter cause you know, that would just be redundant. For serious.

Oldest Sister: "Who licked my boots?" ... "Who got slobber all over my new kicky boots?" I'm gonna blame the dog. She was trying to lick the paint off your fake trees while we were leaving.

Me: "Freakin' Bellydancers. Gonna have nightmares they're gonna come at me with their stomachs."
Oldest Sister: "What?!?"
does anyone else have that phobia? is that a phobia? belly-smothering? it should be! there's one for clowns and cake and socks, there should be one for belly dancers.
somehow it's always with her that there's belly dancers. Craft shows. Greek Restaraunts. Freakin' bellydancers.
...
...
...
...
"And him, waltzing up with some bellydancer girl."
"Bellydancer girl? Izzy I think you and I should talk."
"As long as I don't get shot."
sorry. Mummy Returns. had to. be glad I stopped there, I could go on for the rest of the movie.

Music Recs: To get you in the season.

I'm looking for a new Xmas tree for the farmhouse. I still want to burn that freaking tree. My Life in Closed Captions: A Christmas Tree Nightmare Seriously. Match and lighter fluid. Watch me roar. Dude.

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" She & Him

no one can beat out judy garland, but they come pretty close.


"Baby, It's Cold Outside" Tallulah Bankhead and Jack Carson

There. Listen to that and not laugh. I dare you. Then try listening to the original and not reply like she does. I can't do it. She's too good.

"Say anything about me, dahling, as long as it isn't boring." -TB

2 comments:

  1. Wow! How did I ever miss this version of Baby it's cold Outside? What a hoot!

    I thought cake looked fabulous. How did it taste?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, isn't she fantastic?

    The cake was excellent. Which it wouldn't have been if I had done the baking myself.

    ReplyDelete