I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Remember, Remember the Fifth of November: Take Four

Another instance of: My Life in Closed Captions: Here's a little segment called: "My boss is cooler...
Got called to the backroom today. Superwoman says I work too much. She's making me take tomorrow off. I mean, what does she expect me to do? Sleep in? Lay on the couch all day catching up on TV - OMG, have you seen "Unforgettable"? it's fantastic. - and watching DVDs I have that are due this week, aka yesterday?

Geez. Watching out for my sanity like that.

That's why she's the coolest.


Alright, so we did Posts of the Year and Pictures and tomorrow is Quotes so I guess that makes today Music...

Favorite new songs I've discovered throughout the year.


"I'm Into Something Good" The Bird and the Bee

i could recommend this over and over and over.

"Lover Lover" Jerrod Niemann

love the vocals. awesomeness.

"Tonight, Tonight" Hot Chelle Rae

summer song 2011 still lives on. somehow still not sick of it.

"Back At Your Door" Maroon 5

i've probably listened to this song more times in 24 hours than i have most songs ever.

"Time Warp" Glee Cast Version

okay so it's a little before the year mark, but i've listened to it enough times throughout the year that it still counts.

"He Wasn't There" Lily Allen live recording

i've been a fan of hers since college but just recently found this on youtube, love it.

"Misery" Glee Cast Version

i've watched this videos many times, mostly after i complete big assignments. wanting to throw all my papers up like that but not wanting to have to clean it up. i'll stick with just watching.

"Since You've Been Gone" Theory of a Deadman

my first ever video rec back on the first of the year. geez. (well this and 'heart of gold')

"Why Do You Let Me Stay Here" She & Him

morbid but awesome. stoked for their christmas album. love her voice. again, fan since college but never saw this video until a few months ago.



annnd now for the most rec'd videos I've posted.


3. "Forget You" Glee Cast feat. Gwyneth Paltrow

Gwyneth man, no last name campaign.
Though I really do love this version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFnth12HyJU Audacity-Made, it's a program that can mess with vocals. Yeah, still Gwyneth. Just a bit lower. Just a bit. haha.

That was born after the blog was started. These two I had been big fans of before I started on here. Yes, complete opposites, but stick with me.

2. "You Drive Me Crazy" Shakin' Stevens

diggin' the dance moves. he's welsh. just go with it.

1. "Reflecting Light" Sam Phillips

love it.

Tomorrow is Quotes of the Year, such as this: "How do you expect me to get a woman if I can't blend a margarita?" Tune in for more like that one and I'll probably throw in some other random stuff as well.


"Why do you edit? Just give me credit. I'm just sitting on the shelf."

1 comment:

  1. Never overlook the gift of a day off and yes, you do work too much. Went to South yesterday to meet with a genealogy colleague and it was deader than a doornail.

    Apropos of nothing, I used to babysit James Valentine, lead guitarist for Maroon 5, along with a younger sibling when his parents had their date night. He was actually kind of a quiet kid.

    ReplyDelete