I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, November 21, 2011

Won't do me no good, washing in the river, can't no preacher man save my soul.

Things I was a fan of today:

-Databases.
I figured, in order to be a semi-decent reference librarian I should at least practice with some of the databases, that way I can use them in the future. So I've started going through them. There are some kickass music ones, by the way. Totally stoked. Today was music and automotive, tomorrow is literature.

-New locker. As I'm there 40 hours I went from sharing a locker with an aide, to having my own locker, to now sharing it with a different aide. But this time it's decorated. And farther toward the corner than right away at the door. And it has garfield stickers on it. She's going to bring magnets. I'm excited. You know it's been a weirdass day when you're excited about magnets.

-Sherlock on DVD. Duuude. Loving the British series for the new young Sherlock. Carter slept on my stomach while we watched the pilot. I'd seen parts of it before at Oldest Sister's but actually saw the whole thing just now. Had to pause it so I could post then start the next one. Carter is patiently waiting for me to put down the laptop so he can go back to sleep. Okay, so not much patiently, more like glaring. But I'm getting there.

-Don't have to work tomorrow until 6 and it's at my home library. Which means, sleeping in, running errands, etc. But in a lazy fashion.

Things I was not a fan of today:

-School Zones.
Kicked my butt this morning. But I'll sort all that out tomorrow. Yeah. That kind of made the day so weirdass. Hence the being excited about things like magnets and databases. Not that they're not cool in their own way, but today they were super cool.

-Blaring alarms. In a way, it's good to know that the security system is back up and fully functional, it is, however, rather annoying when you get the blaring emergency message telling patrons to leave the library and then they log off their internet session so when you tell them it's only a test you get the glares of doom.

-Lack of pop. Dude. Need to go shopping tomorrow. I can live without food, I cannot live without Diet Dr. Pepper.

-Lack of milk. I hate milk. I can't drink it, it grosses me out. Don't ask, I can't explain it. But I need milk to make these potato things. And this cake batter stuff. And I hate that because I'll buy it and use it once in these things and then it'll just sit there and get ever grosser.

-Aw crap, I gotta post that paper. I have it planned out, I just have to type the thing and post it. But I can do that tomorrow. It's not due until midnight anyway.


Alright. Songs that start with the letter B.

Why is it, that there are no B Batteries? Did you ever notice that? Yes, I've heard what's his name spout about it in comedy form, he is rather amusing with his theory about glass houses, but it makes me wonder. You get triple a's and lots of c's even d's but no b's. Hmmm.

Sorry. B Music. That I haven't already recommended and that you've probably never heard before. Okay. Here we go.

"Barton Hollow" The Civil Wars

yes he looks like johnny. you get used to it.
listen to this one. seriously. it lives and breathes old school. though for some reason it reminds me of the underground railroad. i blame that on a similar song we sang in high school. anyway, it's awesome and i love it. so simple yet so powerful. i'm sorry. all this music databasing - yes i'm making it a verb - is bringing out my choir nerd tendencies. yes, i was one of those. which you either already knew or could have guessed by now. mandatory choir and traveling select choirs and musicals and all that.


"Bedroom Eyes" Dum Dum Girls

does it weird anyone else out that it's just the one of them that doesn't sing. and the rest do? i mean, she could fake it at least. bizarreness.

No comments:

Post a Comment