I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, November 4, 2011

Go Big Red!

Nope, not dead. Just busy with homework and work work.

Posted my big fat huge blueprint assignment and my book group narrative so I'm good until class next Saturday. I'm not happy with the blueprint, but apparently I'm a perfectionist when it comes to library designs. I came up with four different designs and posted the one I hated the least. We had to move the desk. Which is fine. Except when you read through ALA's recommedations that you should be able to see through all the stacks from the desk. So that meant I had to move all the stacks. And you can't just move them and call it good, you have to angle them so you can see through them. Seriously.

But after I figured out positioning I knocked out the back wall, HUZZAH!! and built Mr. Boss Man a storytime area complete with couches and actual space for kids to spread out in. Not to mention a study room, ELL section, and a computer lab. And all I needed was 20 more feet. Not that it's actually possible, but it would be pretty cool. Maybe take us from being the first on the chopping block every time there's a budget crisis.

I suppose I can post them if you really want to see them. But like I said, four designs and I posted the one I hated the least. I'm not a fan. And it's just a sketch. And I'm not the artist, I'm the writer, big difference between Sketch and Edit there.

Anyway, crashed at about 2AM on my couch last night. That's when the mass amount of caffeine and adrenaline finally ran out. It was like I had submitted my assignment and wanted to crash, but I couldn't crash cause I was still so hyped up. Needless to say I was exhausted all day today. I was lucky in my weed of the adult fiction that more books didn't fall on my head. Only one. The rest fell on my feet. Bonus points.

And then my adrenaline came back full throttle tonight for an awesome Husker Volleyball game against Michigan. Tickets from the Cool Aunt, she rocks! Yep, did the "Roof! Roof! Roof!" cheer for blocks, yelled out "Werth" whenever he announced it - although the dude behind me was calling her "Hannah The Hammer", which I found amusing. She is pretty kickass and rocks those sport-goggles. And then to replace "Cook" they yelled "Root" who is the backup setter, even though she's a senior and Cook is a junior. Cook was missed. Seriously. I know that there should be punishment cause that was a stupid thing to do, but we need her back soon.

Michigan dominated the first set, wasn't even close. You could tell they were adjusting to the different setter. But it's okay because we came back and beat them in the next three sets. Finally got some rhythm going. And the crowd was in it, duuuude, so much louder there than at Devaney. Couldn't hear myself think whenever we had a big rally. Mancuso Jr had a big game, heard her name about every minute in the last couple sets. Paige Hubl's gotta a killer serve, very impressive. I was surprised cause we didn't hear a lot of "Delano!"s, and not as many "Werth!"s either until the last few sets. We were just off. But we pulled it together in time for a rockin' game. Sometimes the blowouts aren't as fun. And they fly by. This one was an actual battle for every point.


Music Recs of the Day:

"Country Roses" SNL Skit Jennifer Aniston host


For some reason whenever I do a weed list or major shifting I sing Dana Jean Harley's songs in my head. In order. "I'm talking to you Pam Smidley!" No idea why. They just get stuck in my head. It's like when I'm shifting I think about where I did it last and that's the song that I was singing the first time so it just keeps going and going and going...


"Adalida" George Strait live in 1996

stuck in my head.


So, big day tomorrow. Yes, I'm working, but it has nothing to do with the library... for once. I'm actually quite proud of myself at this moment. All will be explained tomorrow.


"and she said Mama, why are there snowflakes? and I said Crystal, because of you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment