I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, November 28, 2011

It's only half past twelve, but I don't care...

Today was a long day, 9-6. Not much to say other than I got nicknamed twice. Girlscout called me "Supergirl" in the morning. When I told that to Superwoman she laughed. I said I was Superwoman in training. She sometimes calls me Sidekick so it fits.
Then in the afternoon the New Guy called me the Queen of the Back Room. Which I am. It's kind of my lair. I spend a lot of my time scheduled there. Either because I'm one of the few people who can get through five carts in an hour or because they're tired of me being out front. Hmm...

So there was that. And Mom stopped by. Brought me CDs and picked one up for herself.

I found that there's a talk to text function on my phone so I can speak and it'll type what I say. Or what it thinks I'm saying. I attempted the "I am grief stricken" conversation again and it came up with "I am a great sturgeon" then "I am a green dragon" and finally got it right a few tries later.

Also, saw this today while watching The Grinch and had to post it.

so funny.

As we're up to I in the alphabet and there are far too many good ones I'll skip to that and ramble some more.

"I Drove All Night" Celine Dion

i enjoy her random pointing and air guitar moments.
although cyndi lauper actually legitimately rocks this song, (how many times can you say that?) I'm still posting this version because it's the version I head-banged to in high school so I could stay awake and finish my homework. sh, don't tell the dorm moms. but it made juwanna laugh. and that's what you want in a roommate.

well, that and one that will save you from demon furniture.
go here: My Life in Closed Captions: "Well, this is awkward."

granted i don't remove paintings from walls like some people but seriously, if you can top being attacked by a dresser while sleepwalking please let me know. there's more to the story if you're interested. tons in fact. made the school paper. which i was the editor of at the time, so that was fun.


"I Run To You" Lady Antebellum

this world keeps spinning faster to a new disaster
this was a college fascination. it was my favorite song for about two weeks. and then i was sick of it already. i haven't listened to it since, but it's good to jam to it again now.


"I Say A Little Prayer For You" My Best Friend's Wedding

who does her hair?!
how can you top this? seriously? i'm tempted to break out into song at the library but refrain because i enjoy my job. and my point level of 140. even though i'm stuck there and she won't give me any more. making me actually work for my points, geez. what a mean boss. what kind of lesson is that supposed to teach me? really?


"I Want You To Want Me" Cheap Trick

because i love them. i saw 10 Things I Hate About You and was doomed from then on.


"Istanbul" They Might Be Giants

Superhumann used this song as an educational tool to get us interested in world history in high school. it worked for me, not so much for the others. but that was true for me in a lot of her classes. that chick got me through high school. period. wasn't for her i dunno where i'd be today. definitely not where i am now.
high school english. i wanted to teach it because of her. then i got in the ed program and went, eh. too many hoops to jump through.
so i switched to behavioral sciences - yeah, less hoops to jump through there. but then the idea of being a social worker became completely depressing so i went back to english. which is helpful as it's where i am today.
anyway, this song has stuck with me over the years, because not only did we have to listen to it for world history, i also had to sing it onstage for one act junior year. in front of actual people. i played the token girlfriend - stereotyped that way, shutup sketch - and i got to jam on stage with my headphones. so, when the time came around that i would have to figure out what song i was actually going to sing and jam out to i went back to the old faithful director, who just happened to be superhumann, and we decided on this one. i still karaoke it with her to this day.
she's taught me a lot over the years. i still have her safety net in my wallet. high school was kind of a hard time in life for me. it was a dorm school and i was a very homesick kid - at first, it was okay in the end - but stress and school and being away from home got to me but she was there if i needed to talk. when i was having a particularly rough day she wrote me a note - 5 pages front and back - and i carried it around in my back pocket for years until it got almost torn to shreds. now it is safely tucked into my wallet which i carry with me every day.
another thing i got from her - which actually, she got from my uncle as he was once her teacher way way back, - is the saying...okay give me a second, i don't want to butcher it.

Say One Thing
Mean Another
Write A Third
Expect A Fourth
If It's Simple, Complicate It
It It's Complicated Draw A Picture
If It's On The Test Don't Talk About It


oh my god. just oh my god.

i'm still dying. yeah. those are the kind of guys that i hung out with in high school, so it's not hard to imagine them doing that. actually, pretty sure i've seen them do something similar but it was to the bohemian rhapsody.

"It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" Alan Jackson feat. Jimmy Buffet

love it. i sing it in my head often because it makes me laugh. brightens up the day.

Alright, that's enough I-Recs for the night. Off to sleep. Stoked to sleep in. Don't have to go in until 6 and then it's Home Library for two hours before I'm off all day Wednesday, woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment