I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Danger! Danger! High Voltage!

I'm sure I'll have more to say tomorrow, so I'll keep it short tonight. I'm giving you quotes of the week now cause I'll get plenty tomorrow when there's family around.

Wordie: "Some people are stuck on stupid."
so true.

Me as the alarm is blaring over and over about the emergency evacuation plan: "What is the emergency evacuation plan?"
Queen of the Known Universe: "Nobody knows."
fantastic.

Second Sister: "I like you and think u r the bees knees. I dont know how essential bees knees are and where that saying originates, so maybe i should research that phrase before i say u are it."
thanks. good reference question. i'll have to research that one later.

Worked all day, slowly counting down the hours until I could drive home. Got lunch with Fearless Leader, we talked library, grad school, and dating, she's fun, I enjoy working with her.

After work, drove to the farm where I was of course, made fun of for my speeding ticket, I expected on less, by my brother. Then we played some pitch and pinochle. Anybody else play pinochle? I haven't in so long I had to re-adjust, we've been playing so much pitch it was weird to play with a deck where 9 is the lowest card. Messed with my head. But we did pretty well.

Now I'm watching Swamp People with Squirt. Jamming on the couch. Tomorrow will be the parade and lots of food and all. Stoked. Seriously, stoked.

And sad that my vacation will probably fly by and be over with soon. I need to start taking vacation time. Really, the only time I have is for camp. And that's it. And that's in the summer, should start using it since I'm 40 hours and actually earning it now.

Alright, out for the night.

Give you these from the D section.

"Damn That Radio" The Wreckers

live version. amateur but it works. I love Michelle Branch. and The Wreckers. Jessica Harp was actually just a backup singer but they teamed up and started their own band. "Leave the Pieces" is in my top 5 of all time. Even though it's been years.


"Danger! High Voltage" Electric Six

heard it on charlie's angels originally and thought it was so bizarre and hilarious, that it became kind of a running joke in high school. i drew a comic for art class, calling my villain "high voltage" his power was that he'd sing and dance to the song so loud and obnoxiously that it would blind people and they would fall over dead. should try to find that. wonder if mak still has my copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment