I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, December 15, 2013

"I have to work to keep this figure." "You don't work very hard."

Sketch just called my new hair style "tame" and "classy". If you've seen my current hair style you may not characterize it as those things, but that just means you haven't seen my previous hair colors.

She labeled my old hair colors as "screw you society". I guess this is a bit more reserved than previously.

It's also way short, but I'm getting used to it.


So, as most of you know by now we didn't end up going to the graduation service as planned due to mad weather in Missouri.

However, it didn't stop us from celebrating here.

And it was kind of nice to have a lazy weekend to fall back on.

I got off of work at 3 on Friday so I came home and took a nap - it was glorious - did some laundry then the boyfriend came up and we watched White House Down.



Scale of Awesome 8/10. I liked it. I've actually wanted to see it for a while. I didn't realize Maggie Gyllenhaal was in it. She was great.

So that was Friday, Saturday the boyfriend took me out for lunch.

Well, brunch.

No, it was lunch.

But it was breakfast at lunch.

What constitutes brunch exactly?

Anyway, breakfast/lunch and then we went shopping.

Well, we wandered the aisles of Menards for a while looking for presents for him.

I am now officially done with all my Christmas shopping.

Minus my cat, that is.

Still have to get him toys to go in his stocking.

Though I won't put them in until last minute cause otherwise he'll try to knock it down like last year.

Cat nip.


After that we met up with my family - Cool Aunt and son included - for dinner.

What is ironic is that originally I was supposed to be spending the weekend with my parents, boyfriend, and Second Sister's family in Missouri.

What really happened is that I had supper with my brother's family yesterday then my Oldest Sister's family today, completely missing Second Sister's family all together.

Weirdness.

After dinner we went to his place, watched the VH1 countdown and some of Larry The Cable Guy's Christmas special - welcome to Nebraska - before I headed back.


Today was Bubby's Christmas program so went to that this morning, dinner with Oldest Sister's family as mentioned and then - because I had nothing else to do, huzzah for lazy weekends - I came back to my apartment watched more of Arrow season one - made it to disc 3 and loving it - and took a nap.

Oh and played Angry Birds on my new iPad Air. Graduation present from Mom to replace the one I had as a GA after I had to give it back when my job was done.

I now have far too much time on my hands, I think I played that and Hearts for like 2 hours.

See what I'm turning into?

It's okay, work tomorrow will fix that. Gotta get ready for Christmas - sorry, can't say Christmas - Holiday Party for my teens. The joys of working for the City.

Anyway, the Holiday Party is this upcoming weekend right before my graduation party so I'll be all celebrated out by midnight.


Quotes of the Weekend:

Brother: "That's an ugly seven."

Boyfriend: "I have to work to keep this figure."
Nephew: "You don't work very hard."

President: “We got some knives in the kitchen.”
Kale: “WHAT?” 
President: “They're big knives.” 
Kale: “Great, you can make me a sandwich.”


To be truthful I'm kind of glad I didn't go to the ceremony. It would have sucked to drive that far in that weather, plus you have to wait in line to be announced and since it was an online school I didn't know anyone anyway.

This way they'll mail me my diploma and I'll celebrate my way with my friends and family next weekend.

Should be fun.

Alright, on to Christmas Music that Doesn't Suck: Day Two

Today's songs are:

Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer - Jesse Hite


2011 it was Elmo and Patsy, 2012 it was them 30 years later

even though the world seems to hate this song i'm posting it anyway cause i like it. and this kid is actually pretty good. he did this 365 days of music where he covers something new every day, it's pretty cool.

oh my god he covers what does the fox say? weirdness. Everybody Talks and Pretty Woman are probably my favorite of his covers.


Little Drummer Boy - Pentatonix


2011 it was Sean Kingston, 2012 it was Kevin McHale

i posted one by these guys last year so i can officially say i was a fan before they got big. they're all over the place now. yes they seem like big nerds but it works for them.


Santa Baby - Megan Nicole


2011 it was PCD, 2012 it was Eartha Kitt

elf selfie anyone? i enjoy that he proposes and she walks away. crazy cool voice for a kid.

you may know her from some of her covers: Lazy Song, Never Getting Back Together, and Payphone, all have view counts in the millions. my favorite is probably Just Give Me a Reason.


2011 Day Two - "That's just Joe's Finger and Pandemonium"
2012 Day Two - So hurry down the chimney tonight.

legit pre-midnight post, holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment