I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Dr. Seuss is my favorite rapper.

So I woke up to like 16 missed messages and I freaked out cause I assumed they were from the boyfriend saying he was gonna be switched to second, but no, they were all from the women in my family about food for the graduation party on Saturday.

Meat and cheese trays, chili, chips and salsa, salads, cake, mints, punch, and a whole lot of liquor make up the menu. It should be fun.

Interesting day at the library.

Had a lot of fun with the Queen of the Known Universe. I'm pretty sure we scared off an aide after she called me a bitch and I laughed.

He's new.

And there's more to that story but I can't tell you.

It was a joke, by the way.

I mean, I hope I'm not actually a bitch, though I was giving her crap so I deserved it.

Preceding that was a staff meeting - we're rearranging. The back room is done so now it's on to second floor, next will be the front desk - and following that was holiday party shopping for TAB.

Ordered my pizza to be picked up Saturday morning, got my ice cream, fruit, juice, and eggnog.

Which is gross, btw, but they like it.

I don't get it.

But the party was a lot of fun last year with pizza, ice cream and board games so we're doing it again. This time minus the secret santa/white elephant thing.

Should be fun.

So I was all over the place all day and I'm glad to be sitting now.

Though a night off meant I had to do everything I avoided all week once I got home.

Paperwork, paperwork, and more paperwork.

And mailing camp stuff.

Blah.

But that's okay, it's done now.

I can celebrate. And I'll do that by watching the Sing Off.

It is a 2 week event so it's on constantly. I'm loving Home Free, the rest are pretty good too, but they're the clear front-runner.

I'm getting really excited with all these Olympic commercials on.

I love the Olympics, I'm a total nerd. I watch them all.

Though the skiing and shooting thing, where they ski with guns on their back kind of freaks me out.

I don't remember what that one is called, but is that seriously a sport? It's madness.

Mom is into the figure skating so we always used to watch that. So is Grams.

I love all the snowboarding stuff and the big jumps.

Way cool.

Alright, that's all the rambling I've got for the night.

Think I'm gonna konk out early. Exhausted after today.

On to the music, Christmas Music that Doesn't Suck: Day Six

Songs for tonight include:

Sleigh Ride - Jewel


actually watching her right now on the Sing Off and diggin' it.

2012 was Karmin, 2011 was She & Him

Jingle Bell Rock - Kurt, Max and Macy Kate


i got distracted with all the phone stuff before i realized they actually have great voices.

2012 was Chord Overstreet, 2011 was Brenda Lee

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - Urban Method


and speaking of the sing-off, nice. "when you rap seuss you win hearts."

2012 was VersaEmerge WATCH THAT ONE IT'S FANTASTIC, 2011 was the original Thurl Ravenscroft Grinch version


2011 Day Six - Troll the ancient yuletide, Carol!
2012 Day Six - What a bright time, it's the right time

oh god that 2011 post was about the evolution of the apartment story, has it seriously been that long since i started that monster of a story.

now that i have more time i should get back to that.

legit pre-midnight post, holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment