I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, December 12, 2013

So this is Christmas

Total Stats after 8 hours of work = 4

Reason = I was on desk for a whole 2 hours the entire day.

The rest of my day was spent in the back room rearranging.

That's right, our entire back room at work is totally different.

And it only took us like...5-6 hours.

Well, I guess it's still not done, but it's mostly done.

We just need to move the phone to the other jack, and then move the safe to the other side. And then they have to hang shelves for supplies.

But the lockers are moved - that was a 3 man effort, literally we had to call in another man to help out cause they're massive and come in groups of three. Slim Shady and I were almost flattened by them once, but luckily Fearless Leader and my Work Big Brother were around to save us.

Anyway, lockers were moved, tables were replaced, computers were relocated on the new tables, desk was moved, stuff was cleaned...that hadn't been cleaned in years.

Nasty.

But it was worth it. And now there's much more space for carts and all that.

We'll see how long it stays clean.

So that was big, then after work I hit up Barnes and Noble to listen to Bubby sing and play recorder with his classmates. Then a portion of the proceeds from sales that day went to their school. Pretty neat, and a good excuse to do some more Christmas shopping.

Now I'm almost done, just Oldest Sister left. Still have plenty of time before our Christmas on the first.

And speaking of Christmas the 14th - aka my graduation - is supposed to be the first day of my Christmas Music That Doesn't Suck 12 days of music thing. Since I will not be around to post that day, or tomorrow for that matter, I'm starting it tonight.

Same songs, different artists.

So. Christmas Music That Doesn't Suck: Day One

Pat-a-Pan - SPASH Wind Ensemble


last year it was David Archuleta, before that it was Mannheim.

not bad for high schoolers.


Auld Lang Syne - Martin Tallstrom


last year it was Lea Michele, before that it was a banjo cover.

this guy is great on guitar. check out his cover of Foggy Mountain Breakdown here - it's madness.


Happy Christmas (War is Over) - Charice


last year was Christina Perri, before that it was Maroon 5.

this chick is crazy talented. you should youtube her other stuff, she's fantastic. and yes she was on glee at one point.

Here's Day One from 2011, and 2012.

Alright, have a good weekend. I'll attempt to not trip in front of hundreds of people.

Wish me luck.

Legit pre-midnight post, holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment