I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

From now on our troubles will be miles away.

I love that someone got to my blog by googling "Monica Potter Tall Tall Trees Feet"

Yes, she is in that video, but what is your fascination with her feet?

So today was work - we closed at 2 - and then the boyfriend's family Christmas.

I like their traditions it's very relaxing with no tiny children running all over the place.

Though they did have two dogs there tonight that were really not friends at all.

One fell asleep on my lap, she was really cute.

Anyway, so I went there, we ate supper then went to church. Was a candlelit thing, pretty cool, and then opened presents back at their place.

Got some pretty cool stuff - some awesome Husker chairs, socks, a digital picture frame, giftcards, and a wicked awesome Darth Vader bag.

It's a bag.

Cause I don't wear purses.

And Craig called it a bag and since he's the one who bought it that makes it a bag.

Though that didn't stop my boyfriend from labeling it as purse and calling it that repeatedly.

Even coming up with a little song about it.

Nope. Not a purse. Cause I don't wear purses.

But it is wicked sweet man.

And then of course there was the present from the boyfriend.

He was really good about keeping it secret and had me completely fooled.

Remember a few months ago when we decided - on the fly - that we were gonna go to Reno to see one of his favorite bands play? The full story is on here somewhere - ha, found it. Anyway, he mentioned it once one night before he left for work and when I woke up the next morning he already had the flight and rooms all booked.

Turns out my boyfriend is full of crap.

Instead of taking me to Reno he's taking me back to Vegas.

And we're staying in the Pyramid Suite of the Luxor Hotel.

aka my favorite cause I'm an Egypt nut. I literally drug him all over that hotel and photographed everything when we were there in November. Check Facebook, you'll see the pictures.

So he's really sweet.

And a punk.

First cause he lied. And second cause the tickets were in a box underneath a bag of coal.

Yes, actual coal from a train.

But he wrapped the present himself - which never happens. And I knew it was big cause his sister was there and she told me to sit down before I opened it.

Best boyfriend ever.

See what happens when I don't give him a list? It really works out in my favor so I'm going with it.

Anyway, so that was my day. I hope you all had a rockin' Christmas Eve.

Tomorrow is Christmas morning with my parents, then lunch with his extended family, and then hopefully supper with my parents. More on that later.

On to the music.

Christmas Music that Doesn't Suck: Day Eleven

Carol of the Bells - The Piano Guys



pretty cool. almost makes me want to learn cello. almost.

2012 was Pentatonix, 2011 was Home Alone soundtrack


Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Christina Perri


it's hard to beat judy garland, but this comes close.

2012 was Xtina with Brian McKnight, 2011 was Judy Garland


Oh Holy Night - Jordis Unga


are you really surprised? she's still who i associate with the voice because she was my favorite for the first season i watched it ever. but this is great, she recorded it with an iphone so it's got a unique sound quality.

2012 was Hey Monday, 2011 was Glee



2011 Day Eleven - Let all within us praise his holy name
2012 Day Eleven - To the Moon, Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment