I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, November 17, 2013

are you going with me? cause i'm going with you, that's the end of all time.

I know, I didn't post last night, but I was at the farmhouse and the internet was all wonky.

It made working on a homework assignment and then uploading it quite the adventure. BUT it's done and submitted so I'm down to 3 left total. That includes collection development and program summaries for Youth Services and then my final progress report for practicum. With only 3 days left of that as well.

It's flying by.

Which after 3 years is a good thing cause I'm ready to be done.

This weekend was nice. Had the whole one off so I went out to the farm to hang out with the 'rents.

We watched the Huskers lose - not that I didn't know it was coming but it was still a sad day - and some SNL, Big Bang Theory, and Major Crimes.

Oh and the state volleyball tournament cause our neighboring town made it to the finals. Lost, but second isn't bad when you've played like 30 teams.

Was a good break from reality to get out of here for a while. Dad says I should quit the library and move home.

You know, after I get my Master's in it and everything.

He says I should move home and farm.

Joy.

I'll pass on that. As much as the library has its moments where I do want to run run far far away, it doesn't make me want to run run far far away to the early mornings and late nights that farmers abide by. Even though I did grow up doing that in the summers.

It was suckish but my brother made it livable. With his singing and screaming obscenities there were moments that were highly entertaining. But nothing I want to do full time.

Tomorrow it's back at work - actually all week - but next week I have 3 days off so I'll manage. Plus this weekend is the weekend I'm taking my teens to see Catching Fire. They're stoked. I'm nervous I'm forgetting something. I'll have to go supply shopping at some point this week.

And we're seeing Elton John.

Oh, and speaking of concerts, so the boyfriend has decided that we're going to Reno to see Powerman 5000 in February.

Like he mentioned it before going to work and then when I woke up the next morning he had it all planned out and booked the trip right after I left for work.

So that should be fun.

I told him he was in charge of planning since I drug him all around Vegas. My only requirement is that he takes me someplace nice for dinner.

Watch, that will be my doom. We'll spend Reno at train stations or museums.

We're gonna have a train wedding I swear.

His brother joked about him owning enough motorcars that we could get married somewhere along the tracks and the wedding party could ride in on the cars.

Anyway, Reno should be fun. I know nothing about it so I should do some research on that, see if there's anything else gonna be there when we're there.

Yes, I know you don't know who Powerman 5000 is, but he loves them.

Heavy Metal from the 90's.

Here:

When Worlds Collide


you may actually know that one, or the refrain at least. it's the only one i know so i'm gonna have to work on that as well.

He saw them live once before and said they were really good.

I'm excited, it'll be fun.

Alright, I'm out for the night. Hope you had a good weekend.

Legitimate pre-midnight post, holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment