I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, November 21, 2013

I said watch out, I ain't lyin'

Only in Nebraska does it drop from 60 degrees to snow in less than 24 hours.

I used to love snow. Sledding, building forts, and snowmen and all that.

Now, driving through it makes me hate it.

I hate that I hate it cause I used to love it. It's like losing a piece of childhood or something.

So I skipped yesterday cause I chose to work on homework instead. I finished up tonight - it's not due until Sunday but I have an action packed weekend coming up so I didn't want to risk running out of time.

Both the Catching Fire party and the Elton John concert are on Saturday. I'm stoked! And terrified at the same time. Because of the party, not the concert. It's kind of a big deal. If someone calls in sick tomorrow I'm screwed cause I gotta go shopping for supplies. I waited cause the majority of it is food and I didn't want it to waste away on my desk.

Today was good. It was my second to last day at the practicum - Practicum Count-Up 86:45/90- only Tuesday left which feels crazy ridiculous. This semester has flown by which is both good and bad. I'm so ready to be done with homework forever. And soon I will be! Only this collection development paper - which I'm basically done with I just need to submit it - and then the program summary writeup which I can't do until after Saturday anyway. And then for practicum it's just the monthly narrative and then I'm done.

Done done.

Forever.

After work and practicum today I went out to see Second Sister to make plans for the graduation party. What kind of food is appropriate in this situation? I should know by now, I've graduated how many times? I'm thinking meat and cheese tray with some other fun stuff. Plus liquor. You know, you gotta have the bar otherwise my librarian friends won't come.

Ha, right.

I looked for invitations but the only ones I could find were suckish so I'm going to try again next week and then we'll fill them out over Thanksgiving. That's enough time before end of December, right? Should be fun.

That's all I got for today. I don't even remember much about yesterday. Worked 9-6. Dinner with the boyfriend and his parents after. Good food...yep, that's all I remember.

So, on to the music:

This song has been driving me nuts for about a month, ever since they covered it on the Voice.

So now, I shall share that joy with you.

I Put a Spell on You - CCR


was that a mickey mouse t-shirt?

this is by far my favorite version followed closely by She & Him and also Bette Midler in Hocus Pocus.

not a bad song to have stuck in your head but when it's been a month it's about time for something else. queen of the known universe tried to replace it with barney. she wasn't successful but she tried.

any other suggestions for replacement?

No comments:

Post a Comment