I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I feel it in my bones, enough to make my systems blow.

Last day of my internship.

No more half and half days.

Went in with a pen and marker in my pocket - some patients aren't allowed to use pens but they can use markers - notebooks under my arm, and chocolates for Mr. BossMan Tom.

The good ones. If you haven't had Baker's chocolates made in Nebraska you are missing out on life.

He got me a gift too. A copy of Leaves of Gold with a Catching Fire bookmark.

Now I have fancy quotes to use in my blog like...

Poor indeed is the man whose mind is not enriched by some phrase of lasting truth and beauty which serves to restore his soul in the exigencies of life. 

Take that!

No, I love it, it's got fancy binding and everything.

Yes, that's my librarian jargon. Fancy binding.

One of my favorite library memories is actually about binding - my coworker was looking at the cover of this giant Lana Turner book. So me - trying to make conversation - was like, "hey, is that Lana Turner?" and she was like - "oh, I didn't even notice I was just admiring the binding." Giant - like giant - picture of her face on the cover and like 3 minutes of staring at the book.

We're nerds, have I mentioned that already?

Anyway, after practicum I came home and wrote up my monthly report, submitted it, updated the spreadsheet and then sent everything to Mr. BossMan Tom. So I'm officially done with practicum.

Final Count-Up 90:20/90.

I'm sad it's done. And just when we were making progress with our internet policies. Will have to stop by and check in every once in a while. Gonna miss it.

Back to 9-6 every day.

Which used to be exciting.

Gonna have to reinvent my 9-6.

Actually started that today as I shifted and weeded the entire Young Adult collection.

Took me 3 hours to shift everything - I started weeding it last week but finished this morning - but now there's more space cause I talked Superwoman into giving me another unit, and I also added a nonfiction section cause before it was just thrown in with the fiction and if you weren't looking specifically for it you wouldn't even know it was there.

We'll see how long it lasts.

So that was my day. Good but sad. Glad we're closed Thursday and Friday. Gives me some time to finish up my final homework assignment EVER and set up the Christmas trees.

Or at least get started, we'll see.

Song of the Day:

Radioactive - Pentatonix feat. Lindsey Stirling


awesome cover. i posted an xmas video of these guys last year, they're crazy good.

the song's been stuck in my head all day. am i the only one that thought the words were "ready to rock you"? i mean, i figured it out after they sang it twice on the voice but on the radio that's what it sounds like.



welcome to the new age, to the new age.

No comments:

Post a Comment