I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Just another day lost in the city of angels.

Alright, My Day in 5 Words - ready go:

1. Holiday
2. Invites
3. Target
4. Coworkers
5. Leverage

1. You would think that after being closed for two days there would be some sort of mad rush today, but it really wasn't all that bad. Just a few carts for bookdrop and a bunch of people on computers. Though it did give me a ton of computer stats. That weren't just basic questions either, it was explain this database and show me how to work it type of questions. Which was okay cause it made the day go by rather quickly. Sort of.

2. So people are loving that my invites are pink. Cause I'm not a pink person. Technically it's just the envelope that's pink. And the inside of the card. And a little on the outside. Whatever. You can blame that on Second Sister who claims not to have realized that they were pink. Sure. I totally believe you.

3. So Mom called all panicked this morning about getting these iPad mini things for Xmas. I don't know, they were on sale so at lunch I jumped in the car, drove across town, went straight to electronics and picked them up. The sales dude was awesome. "$299? I thought these were $599..." These are usually things you should know when working in electronics. Though I was especially amused cause he was having trouble with the scanner and I mentioned something about them being a pain. "You must work in retail." "Sort of." Jumped back in car. Picked up lunch. Ate in the car. Made it back with 5 minutes to spare.

4. I finally heard back from Fearless Leader - and then of course once I brought her up I got hounded for details, but the same thing happens when conversation turns to Slim Shady. Anyway, I was gonna invite her - the both of them actually - to the grad party but they will both be out of town. Bummer man. I miss our Booze Cakes. Go here. Will have to reschedule with the both of them.

5. And then of course instead of working on homework after work - my last assignment ever - I decided to turn on some Leverage and have yet to turn it off. Made it through half of season one. "Alice made a friend." I got time. Isn't due 'til Friday and it's half done anyway.

I'm in celebration mode man. No work tomorrow. Just church, cleaning my apartment, xmas shopping, and possibly going out to see the boyfriend which was the original for tonight but he's busy. So, back to Leverage for me, here's some music for you.

Something Old:

Call Me When You're Sober - Evanescence


i miss these guys. this was probably my favorite by them...they need a new album.


Something New:

Just Another Day - Caitlin Crosby


hadn't heard of her before this one, but she's quite good. and an actress too apparently.


Something Borrowed:

Olympus Has Fallen


currently checked out - aka borrowed - from the library


Something Blue:

Boy With The Blues - Oasis


love this one. these guys need a new album too. but they would first have to re-band after the big fight and all that.

legit pre-midnight post, holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment