I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, November 22, 2013

so excuse me forgetting, but these things i do. you see i've forgotten if they're green or they're blue.

Today.

Geez.

Can finally sit still and you know breathe normally.

I was all over the place today.

Worked the desk in the morning and then the afternoon was all about party prep for tomorrow.

I'm taking 17 teens to see Catching Fire. And getting paid to do it.

Best job ever.

Thankfully there will also be 2 other adults there.

Anyway, this afternoon I got to shop for supplies. One of my kids is gluten and soy free so I had to go to a bakery to get special cupcakes which I still have to pick up tomorrow morning. Then I ran to Target which didn't have yarn or popsicle sticks, which meant I had to go to Michaels. And then I forgot about apple juice so I had to go to Walgreens. Somewhere in there I also stopped for lunch - this was all in a 90 minute period. Got back in time to work the youth services desk and spent it cutting yarn for the obstacle course. Then I attempted to make an example bow and arrow our of a popsicle stick and dental floss...4th time was the charm but I did it! Successfully. You know, 4 times later.

I'll post pictures tomorrow, they're pretty cool. I'm sure theirs will turn out better than mine, I'm not crafty at all.

No, seriously, I have no art skills whatsoever. I can write but that's it. Okay, I draw mazes to. And give them to people. But those don't count.

Physical crafts like that paper mache tiger thing are just a disaster. I leave all that artsy stuff to Sketch.

Anyway, so I have my crafts prepped, I have my food bought/ordered.

Came home to watch the Hunger Games - I was gonna read Catching Fire but I decided to watch the movie instead cause I want to be surprised.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm a bad librarian cause I haven't read the book.

I read the first one back in college before it was popular and then bought the rest of the series. Then I started work at the library and recommended it to people and then everyone I rec'd to read it and the rest of the series before I even got a chance to start on the 2nd one. And then I started classes so textbooks and articles were enough reading for me.

But, I'm doing an experiment with this one.

The first movie was okay, but I was sad cause it left a bunch of stuff out that was in the book.

Now, if I don't read the book beforehand I don't know the storyline and therefore I don't know what they're leaving out so I can judge the movie as just the movie instead of being disappointed like I am with every other book that's been turned into a movie.

And speaking of books being made into movies, another one is coming out soon - The Book Thief. Totally 10/10 on the Scale of Awesome for that book. I'm stoked. I loved that book. I actually read that one for the same class that I read the Hunger Games for. Oh yeah and the Hunger Games was also a 10/10. Other books we read for that class were: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian 8/10, Monster by Walter Dean Myers 7/10, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close 4/10 I hated that book and Twilight another 4/10.

Yes, I read Twilight. Let me rephrase that, myself and 30 of my classmates were forced into reading Twilight. Sorry Sketch, just wasn't for me.

I miss those lit classes, those were fun.

But when you're an English major you're also taking like 3 of them at a time so it's a lot of books. Explains why I have so many shelves of them in my apartment.

Okay, so I watched the Hunger Games and submitted my homework. Now I'm off to bed because tomorrow is a huge day with the party and the concert.

Gonna be wicked.


Your Song - Elton John


tomorrow...

legit pre-midnight post, holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment