I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

You do me wrong now, My love is strong now.

So if you thought that yesterday's post was awkward and ended suddenly, it was and it did.

But that's cause of the chaos that was currently going on in the apartment at that time.

Let me give you the whole story.

Okay, so, I don't know what time it was that I wrote that but it was far after midnight and I decided that I wanted popcorn so I put some in the microwave and hit the "popcorn" button.

Or so I thought.

Then I started posting and watching baseball and got all distracted and like 10 minutes later I'm like, is that popcorn done yet? I can still hear the microwave but it's not popping.

So I look up and HOLY CRAP.

Like billows of smoke coming from the kitchen.

I ran to stop the microwave, grabbed a towel and waved it in front of the smoke detector for like 5 minutes.

Meanwhile Carter is just sitting there staring at me going, what the hell did you do now, you idiot?

I turn on like every fan in the apartment and open the doors so the smoke will filter out then go back to fanning the smoke detector cause the last thing I want to do is set that off and then all the neighbors will wake up.

So, anyway, I can barely breathe and give up like 5 minutes later and Carter and I escape to the balcony which is where that post ended.

Right after it ended I thought I heard knocking on my apartment door, so thinking it was a neighbor coming to check if everything is okay I get up to go inside and run straight into the screen door.

Cause you know, forgot that I closed that.

By the time I get to the door the person is gone.

So then I freaked out like, what if they called fire and rescue?

Crap.

I have to change.

Can't have them showing up when I'm wearing this.

Cause you know, you're never supposed to wear anything you don't want emergency personnel to see.

Or anything that panics the cat.

Sometimes those two coincide.

So I change but it still smells like smoke so I slept with the balcony door open with the screen door closed.

Came home tonight and it still smelled like smoke so I made stir fry in order to cover it up.

And it worked.

And I didn't burn it.

Which is new.

So yes, I guessing you never knew anyone who lit popcorn on fire in a microwave.

Congratulations, now you can all say that you do.

It takes a special amount of skills to do that.

And burn soup.

And slice your foot open when you're making grilled cheese.

Choosing your foot over your grilled cheese as you hop to the bathroom blood trail dragging behind you.

Go here: Sketch and Edit Make Grilled Cheese

Based on a true story.

Just substitute my mother for Sketch, add in some worry for my health and subtract all those sarcastic remarks.

From then on Mom did all the making of grilled cheese sandwiches.

So you could say it was strategy move.


Anyway, I had all this stuff that I wanted to say about yesterday but it got cut short like how I love snarky Walmart employees who tell you not to combine the lighter fluid and donuts that you bought.

Well, the boyfriend bought.

And how UCLA dominated and won the College World Series! So my backup backup team dominated!

Actually would have been my first backup if I would have gone with my gut.

Oh well, still owe the Cool Aunt a round of jalapeno margaritas.

Speaking of the Cool Aunt we saw a preview - also yesterday - for House of Cards and I was like, what is this? It looks awesome! and then it said what it was called and I went, "oh, i have that checked out right now."

Cause the Cool Aunt recommended it and it just came in. But I had requested it purely on her recommendation without looking into it further.

I knew Kevin Spacey was in it.

And that she said to watch it.

But that was it.

So now I'm gonna watch it.

This weekend.

When I'm not working on that takehome test.


Today was good.

I like my job again, yay!

For a teen summer reading event we're making book board games so I'm making an example one and chose Harry Potter.

For which I get to read all the book summaries so I can remember all the places and people and all that to put on the game board.

It's a lot of fun.

Though I am artistically changed so the drawing part of it will be lax.

I also had another teen pick up an application form for TAB today. She seems pretty cool and very mature for her age.

She would make five new members in the past 3 months.

Huzzah!


On to the music.

A continuation of She and Him week plus an additional indie song.

Colors - April Smith and the Great Picture Show


Which I love, these guys are fantastic. You should really watch this one. If you hate it you can yell at me later.

back to She and Him

You Really Got a Hold On Me


love it.

Dream a Little Dream of Me


one of my favorite songs of all time and she does it justice.

Wouldn't It Be Nice


another classic.


stoked to see them tomorrow.

legitimate pre-midnight post, holy crap tag in use.

AND my homework is done.

AND i'm catching up on Major Crimes.

yeehaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment