I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Holy Frijoles!

Okay, so this is what happens when I watch Sports Nation.

I find clips like these:



Yay, Rob Dyrdek!

Which then leads to clips like this...

Kickalicious


dude. watch it all the way through. the very last clip is my favorite. and got him a job in the NFL.

Which then leads to clips like this...



That's Husker football right there.

I still think that call was crap.

and then that leads me to looking up the fall schedule and if you know anything about me and Husker football its endless so I need to turn off Sports Nation right now.


I was zonked today.

I went to bed far too late so tonight I'm aiming for earlier, though you know as well as I do that won't happen.

Work was super busy, think I had like 40 some stats, though that's probably because I was on the front desk four hours in a row.

Was totally bummed cause they closed the Chinese joint next door.

I'm wounded man, I loved that place.

Granted it was usually just me there which explains their sudden closing, but still, that was killer food.

Dude.

Not cool.


The new lab is up and running.

It's all fancy.

24 filtered computers plus 1 young adult and 2 unfiltered.

Means a lot less waiting than there was when we had 17 total.

It's massive and all open and stuff.

It freaks people out when they walk up the stairs.

No more claustrophobic walls.

Actual air circulation.

Yay!


So tonight was big, of sorts, The Voice finale.

Called it.

Go Danielle!

Glad Michelle came in second.

Just not how I pictured the photo finish after the blind auditions?

From the start Judith was the clear leader and then she had to sing Bieber and there went that.

But Danielle deserved it.

She was a powerhouse. For 16 she was incredible.


The cool thing about the finale is that the whole top 16 comes back to perform.

The finalists get to choose who they sing with.

Michelle brought back Team Usher so that was cool - they sang We Can Work It Out - the Stevie Wonder version which I love and was my favorite song of the night.

We Can Work It Out - Team Usher - Vedo, Michelle, Cathia and Josiah


Danielle brought back Sarah, Caroline and Amber for a Carrie Underwood song, The Swon Brothers brought back Holly, Justin and Amber for something country but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.

The ones that didn't sing with the finalists sang in groups, though some doubled like Josiah, Vedo and Cathia.

These are my two favorites from the night:

Ain't Too Proud To Beg - Josiah, Vedo, Kris and Garrett


plus Holly on the sax, that was awesome. totally retro.

My Lovin' You're Never Gonna Get It - Cathia, Sasha, Karina and Judith


powerhouses. for serious.


Notice how I'm not posting Xtina and Pitbull?

As much as I love her, good god that was horrible live.

And Cher.

What the crap was on her head?



Was that alive?

Pretty sure I saw it move.

Okay, so now you can all cheer.

No more Voice ramblings until next season.

Anyway, after the Voice was homework, camp stuff, now I'm watching baseball...my LSU boys lost today.

Which means, yes, you guessed it, I owe the Cool Aunt a round of jalapeno margaritas cause her North Carolina lasted longer than my LSU.

Now I'm cheering for my backup - Indiana.

Go Hoosiers!

And that was my day.

Out - whoa, legitimate pre-midnight post, haven't had one of those in a while.

Holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment