I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, June 8, 2013

"Thought he could blindside me with marinara, didn't he?"

I love it when my friends are like, you have a blog?!

Yeah.

2 and a half years, 833 posts and 59,000 views later...

Thanks for the support.

It is the longest non-family relationship I've ever had.

Minus perhaps the MxPx bag.

But you can read about that here: New Shoes, the Cheese Speech, Warped Tour and MxPx

Yes, I have a blog.

And yes, for once in my life I have the patience and persistence to follow through with something.

Even if it is just rambling on virtual paper.

I know that is shocking to some people, especially since I was such an introvert when it first started.

Though years of working in public service seems to have changed that.

Which I didn't realize until it was pointed out to me.

I don't even remember how it came up, and I'm sure it's on here somewhere, but I was talking to Joe Studley and I was like, "but I am shy!" and Glee-Loving Boss just appears out of nowhere and goes "since when?!"

Ha! I found it. Go here: "I'll meet you there, I'm gonna go jam out to Gwyneth Paltrow!"

Perfect timing.

But I guess he was right.

And that was 2010, it's only gotten worse now that I'm in charge of stuff.

Speaking of being in charge of stuff, sometimes that sucks.

I had 2 people call me yesterday about volunteer work and another 2 call me today.

Yes, things do pick up in the summer, but not that much.

I have one coming in to train on Tuesday, another on Wednesday and after that I am just out of space.

Cause I already got a new one started last week!

So the suckish part is having to turn people down. Though I usually just direct them to a different branch.

That's the joy about working in a library system.

Another joy about working for a library system?

Getting to go to fun library conferences.

I know, some of you think that's an oxymoron, but I'm actually excited about this next one.

And it has great timing and placement.

Big teen event put on by the SLJ - School Library Journal, it's a magazine - it's basically a big online thing with a bunch of Young Adult authors. They talk about their books and then there's Q&A with the authors.

Gonna be fun, and guess where our session is being hosted!

The boyfriend's library.

If he even has a card there, I don't know, I haven't asked.

I should ask.

How have I not asked?

Anyway, I'm going to the library that just happens to be in his town and it's an all day thing which means I can go out there the night before and bring my cat with me cause the week after that IS CAMP J!!

I'm sure my mother is thrilled to read about that.

She just loves watching my cat while I'm gone.

But he likes the farmhouse.

And he doesn't bite there cause dad will stick him outside with the mean outdoor cats.

Plus he loves his grandma.

She hates it when I call her that.

But then she gives him Christmas presents and signs them "from grandma" so she really brings it on herself.

I don't know where I was going with this post.

Blog.

Home branch memories.

Volunteers.

SummerTeen event.

Carter.

None of those were my actual intention for this post, though frankly what was I've already forgotten.

Today was boring as the library was dead.

Came home and watched the rest of Doc Martin season two.

I'm liking it.

Mostly because it has Ash in it from Murder in Suburbia - Catherine Catz - but also because the doctor is just so rude and oblivious to all that's going on around him, it's highly entertaining.

"The Baker. The Colonel. Do these people have no names?!"

I have mentioned my amusement earlier right?

British show.

Created by Craig Ferguson.

I know, big surprise why I watch it. Watched his late show every night for like 3 years.

Anyway, grumpy doctor, used to be a successful surgeon suddenly can't stand the sight of blood, moves to a tiny town and becomes their general practitioner.

But it's hysterical, you should check it out.

Just finished season two, will have to request season three.

Think we have at least though season 5 at the library. At least I hope so.

Gotta love library DVD's.

Gonna put in another now as I fall asleep.

Though I'm exhausted - have been all day - so I won't last long.

Song of the day:

Love Jenny Lewis especially when its her and the Watson Twins.

I Met Him On A Sunday - Jenny Lewis & the Watson Twins / Cold Jordan - Jenny Lewis & Johnathan Rice 


this is hysterical.

but my favorite by them is probably still...

You Are What You Love


pull another rabbit out of your hat.

she's quite good live.

i know, i'm sorry for overloading you with more of my indie music.

maybe tomorrow i'll go with something you'll recognize but you'll be missing out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment