I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, June 30, 2013

"What the heck?" "That's what I was gonna ask." "Is that legal?" "That's what I was gonna ask."

Said by the boyfriend and I after seeing a kid riding his bike down the median.

Not across it to get to the other side of the road.

Legitimately down the median.

Pretty sure that's not legal.

Sorry, just practicing for 4th of July.

"That's not legal" is a family quote, but we say it in a sing-song kind of way.

Well, Oldest Sister says it more than the rest of us.

Mostly cause her husband buys the not-so-legal stuff.

'tis the season.


Okay, I know I didn't post yesterday, but yesterday was horrible from start to finish so if I was to post it would be horrible too.

Our internet was down at work.

I got yelled at.

There were training issues.

I lost my datebook and broke open my foot in the process of retrieving it - thankfully a nice man found it and called me.

And the Mad Maxines lost by like 200 points.

Which is backwards because usually we win by 200.

Technically, we were skating against the number 2 team in the world - not the nation, the world - so it wasn't completely unexpected, but we are - well, were - ranked 25th in the world.

So...it was just awful though cause our jammers kept getting so frustrated because the refs weren't calling anything on the other team and they got called constantly for cutting the track. It got to the point where our jammer was in the penalty box for at least 50% of the entire bout.

And by the end they had just given up.

It was awful.

I actually wasn't planning on going until I walked out of the door from work. Then I got there and a lady gave me a free ticket so that sealed the deal.

I actually don't mind going to the derby by myself because I feel like my obsession out-ranges my friends' love for the sport.

So I cheer and I stand up and all that.

And it's nice not having to worry about if they're having fun.

Which they do, but you know what I mean.

It's like Del going to the Mumford & Sons concert by herself, because no one loves Mumford like Del loves Mumford. And she doesn't want anyone to hold back her love for said Mumford.

But she also knits in bars.

Cause she's a badass.

And I owe her big for She & Him.


Anyway, so yesterday was total crapsuck, but today was much better.

Ate my muffin and drank my coffee.

Was pretty busy, but not overly. Still had time to update my TAB website and send out all my reminder emails. Mock up some JPEG's for Superwoman.

Range of stats = 30s

So not bad for a Sunday.

Working the weekend means I'm off tomorrow!

Huzzah!

I'm meeting with my practicum rep and going over details. 90 hours of that coming up in the fall and no idea what to expect.

Here are some of the precise guidelines that the Library Goddess has for us to follow:

- Make sure you dress in a professional manner and ask about a dress code during the meeting.
- Review the library's website before you go. This will support good questions and discussion during your first meeting.
- Make sure you make your hosts laugh at least 3 times during the meeting!
- Make sure you work hard to be flexible in terms of hours you're available so that you get the most out of your practicum.

Will do my best to make him laugh. And dress professionally. Should probably figure that out tonight while I'm still conscious.

Wear makeup and all that.

Oh yeah, so tonight I went out to see the boyfriend and his word of the night was women.

Not like in a sentence like "women are, you know, whatever it is we are" just women in that tone that only a man can say it in.

You know that one?

And it wasn't my fault!

For the most part.

I mean, it started when we were listening to the radio and the song "Don't Talk About Him, Tina" came on - the Pistol Annies you know?



Yes, I know, I've posted it already, get over it.

Anyway, so it came on and I told him the inspiration for the song which you can read about here: http://www.accesshollywood.com/pistol-annies-dish-on-bra-inspired-song-dont-talk-about-him-tina_article_79106

To which he replied "women."

And then we're out eating and this employee is out in the parking lot sitting there on a bench for 15 minutes straight brushing her hair.

Just sitting there, middle of the parking lot, not talking to anybody, not on her phone, no one is with her, she's just sitting there brushing her hair.

For 15 minutes straight.

To which he replied "women."

Although that may be what average women do, who knows, maybe I've been doing it wrong all of my life.

And then we're buying fireworks - yes, more fireworks cause I needed more tanks and I got another, "women."

But I told him that since Bubby is gonna be gone it's up to him to take his place in the tank war. So we bought him tanks. And a train. And I got a boat. So it's gonna be tank on tank - and there are different types of tanks involved - and then it'll be train vs. boat.

Should have paid for it with some of those singles in my wallet, but I used my card instead.

Cause people look at you funny when you pay for things in singles.

I have all these singles and not for the normal reason a woman my age would be carrying around a wad of singles, but because our 93-year-old volunteer was in the hospital and everyone chipped in for flowers and since I'm the Volunteer Supervisor I got to be the one to buy the flowers and send them to her.

So, basically, the opposite reason of why a women my age would normally be carrying around a wad of singles.

But this woman is seriously Wonder Woman. We sent her flowers and the next day she was back volunteering.

And very grateful for her flowers.

I don't know anything about sending flowers so I had to have like 5 people look over the arrangement before I committed to it.

Women. 

We're perfectionists like that.


And that's all I got for today.

Tomorrow is that meeting and then cleaning and homework.

And trying to get this smoke smell out of my apartment.

Stupid burnt popcorn.

I keep bringing in more fireworks, my neighbors are probably like, ummm....


Alright, song of the day...was already posted, so let me find another one.

Barefoot and Buckwild - Lauren Alaina


heard this song tonight and was jamming.

apparently she was runner-up on American Idol from last year or the year before or something.

i don't know, i don't watch it.

neither does the rest of america either apparently.

fired 2 of the judges because their ratings sucked - but seriously? mariah carey and nicky minaj? what were they thinking in the first place? - and then randy left so all that's left is keith.

now they're flailing and looking for new judges.

Cause THE VOICE rocks.

and they can't compete.

okay, i'll shut up now as i promised my Voice ramblings were over 'til next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment