I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, June 13, 2013

shot through the heart and you're to blame.

It was a night for retro music jamming out in the boyfriend's van.

Yes, he has a van.

A U-Haul-ish van to transport his motorcars.

And, as they're going on a run this weekend, I got the joy of going with him to fill up all his gas tanks.

We jammed to some classic rock.

My favorite was "I Don't Want To Wait" by Paula Cole cause he changed the lyrics...

"I don't want to wait for our lives to be over"

BECAME

"I don't want to wait for my rice to get colder."

Think he was on a mission to fix my day.

After a very long day at work I went out to his place only to get a phone call about something horrible involving a very important person in my life who has been my inspiration for many years.

Which really makes all of my so-called problems seem irrelevant.

So I'm not even going to ramble about today, because really whatever problems made today a bad day before that phone call seem stupid now.

The boyfriend and I actually talked about that, when you think of average every day problems like:

OMG this traffic sucks.

OMG why does it take the barrista so long to get my coffee?

OMG this homework assignment sucks.

OMG they're out of my favorite lunch, I'll have to order something else.

OMG this person is obnoxious I wish they would go bother someone else.

OMG this is the longest day ever, I wish I could go home.

They're just so stupid, but in the moment they're completely frustrating.

But we're all able to go home and then it's over and done with so none of it matters, you know?

They're small problems that we'll forget about a day later.

Unless you have a blog, in which case they're here eternally.

I just have no words.

You know?

I knew it was coming, I just didn't want to think about it.

Then I came home with all this stuff spread out all over the floor of my apartment making it inescapable.

But again, my problems in comparison are nothing.

So I'm going to shut up, post some music and go to bed.

I Don't Want To Wait - Paula Cole


i'm sorry but this video is creepy.


You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi


you think all that hair is real?

a bit of an excess on a couple of them.

okay, maybe all of them.


Sleep then homework then dinner with the Cool Aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment