I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Giving you all of my heart was a good start but it turns out you want my soul.

Carter killed the bug.

Remember the one from earlier this week that I whiffed when I attempted to kill it and then was horrified about when it would make a second appearance?

Was staring at the wall and suddenly pounced.

My hero.

Though it scared the crap out of me cause I had no idea what was going on.

Good cat.

For once his excess energy paid off.

So he got treats.

Today was fun.

Got to work at the home branch with two of my favorites - the Queen of Awesome and Space Cadet.

Plus a special guest appearance by Superwoman.

And my favorite volunteer who comes in every Tuesday and processes all the holds and new books.

Always gives me the glare when I find more in the tubs and put them on her cart.

"you about done?"

Was very busy the whole day, barely got to sit down all morning - which is good.

I signed up like 10 people for summer reading today alone.

Think I've signed up that many total since it started at the work branch.

But that's because we direct them to the volunteer table.

And of course they all had to sign up when I was alone on the desk trying to manage the constant phone calls and line of people.

But that's the norm.

I think they wait 'til we're alone to strike.

Like, oo, look! That one has been abandoned by the herd. Let's strike her while she's alone.

Anyway, went out for lunch with the Queen of Awesome. Freaky fast subs plus some chips and a pickle for her.

It was seriously the king of all pickles, like a gigantor mega pickle.

Gonna have to get one next time I go in.

After lunch I headed back and got to work with Space Cadet.

I love Space Cadet. We always have so much. She makes fun of me cause I can't cook, I make fun of her cause she doesn't know how to work her iPod, we debate things like who would win in a fight a sea cow or a snow leopard, you just never know what's gonna happen.

Though today I only had like 2 hours with her and like I said we were swamped so there was no debating.

A bit of making fun of, but no debates.

Came home, did some camp paperwork, watched the Swon Brothers again beat out 2 women that should have smoked them but they have all of Oklahoma behind them so they're safe.

No way they're better than Judith, Sarah and Sasha.

Now both Adam and Shakira are out.

It is cool they were all still in it up to this point. Last year Xtina was out way early with her all-pop team.

I was really pulling for Sasha to come through.

Now I'm rooting for Michelle and Danielle but guessing Danielle is gonna win it mostly because her iTunes downloads have been off the charts and they all count as part of the final tally.

After all that did homework, posted it, got on here and now I'm gonna crash cause I'm exhausted.

Song of the day:

Don't Know Nothing - Maroon 5 live version


cause it was stuck in my head all day.

like all day.

and yes i know i posted it earlier this year during Maroon 5 week, but it's still in my head.

you'll just have to deal as the obsession continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment