I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, June 2, 2013

I'll tell you once more, before I get off the floor

I love weekends off.

I get to go to church and jam with the family.

Get things done in the apartment - laundry, dishes, homework, etc.

Yesterday was nice cause I got to sleep in and do all that fun family stuff, today was similar.

Went to late service church where I was surprised to run into my college roommate Myers (even though she's married now and has a different last name and i was in the wedding she'll always be Myers) who was there because our high school friend's baby was being baptized.

We also went to high school together before rooming together in college.

Many memories were made that year.

Moving her massive futon and then dropping it because of the shock from hearing Avril Lavigne singing in a different language was one of them.

No, we had a lot of fun. Watched a lot of Gilmore Girls. Ate a lot of chips and cheese.

We weren't so social with our hall neighbors.

Mostly because our hallmates were very like, preppy?

Yeah, preppy, let's go with that.

And we clearly are not the preppy type.

Anyway, was not expecting to see her this morning so that was exciting. So she sat by us and I got to hold her cute baby.

And of course Squirt is sitting right next to me and he was making faces at her, it was super cute.

It was kind of like a high school reunion there we had Myers, Beej, Bryan, JoJo, Amos, Michael, Kelly, Ben, I'm sure there were more but I'm blanking.

After church went over to Oldest Sister's for burgers.

Which Squirt grilled.

And Bubby made the mac-n-cheese.

So proud.

He also had to show off his Soda Stream machine.

Mmmm cream soda.

Tempted to buy one, cheaper and healthier...cause I drink a lot of pop.

We watched Red and jammed out 'til about 3:30.

After which I had to head home and start on some homework for this week.

Along with putting all those books on the new shelves.

Which, may not take as much time for an average person as it took me.

But I'm a shelver at heart, so if I get a fiction book with the last name starting with an A I have to shift them all over so that it's shelved correctly.

These new ones are nice because the shelves are taller and there are more of them - I actually still have space so now I have an excuse to buy more books - but I was also able to put out my writing binders.

I took a lot of writing classes in college, so there are quite a few of them.

This is the final arrangement.

For now.



With holes for the Harry Potter that Oldest Sister stole, Revolution that Smo stole, and David Sedaris that Second Sister stole.

So now I have four bookshelves, and it's amusing because just like the library there's like a whole James Patterson section. I have 20+ of his books, though since he writes like 5 a year that's not even half of the amount published.

I can see my floor again!

Though that whole open space by the balcony thing has failed because now instead of a foosball table there's a giant empty box.

Ugh.

Will take it out tomorrow.

I was excited to find those writing binders though cause I was flipping through them and ran into this life timeline activity.

Here was mine:

Birth
Baptism
Kindergarten
Grade School
Confirmed
High School
Driving
Graduate
College
Graduate
Get a Job
Get Married
Adopt a Kid
Retire
Suffer Endlessly - there was a big space after that one
Choke on a Jawbreaker

Can't remember if that was a Juwanna or KJ reference but I found it entertaining.

So far I'm good on the list, next up is that whole marriage thing.

Though that would involve him proposing.

Which I'm starting to think really isn't going to happen for a very long time.

Mostly because his sister is getting married so he gets to hear all the wedding talk nonstop and that has frightened him off.

But we shall see.

Watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives again.

Gotta clear it out of the DVR so it can add more.

Dang those marathons, you cause overcrowding!!

Anyway, it was a good day - jamming with Myers, eating with the family, finishing my bookshelves and watching some DDD.

Hoping tomorrow will be good.

Squirt is coming in to work on her library golf hole in the morning, which reminds me that I need to email Superwoman.

Alright, on to the music and I'm out.

Another Song You Know But Forgot You Knew It

Don't Bring Me Down - ELO

will be sad when my free trial xm is gone, but not enough to make me subscribe to it.

got my ipod i rarely listen to the radio anyway.

alright, i'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment