I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, June 15, 2013

You and me are through though, watch me hit it solo, I'mma do it acapella.

Ah the joys of a busy Saturday.

Actually the day flew by fairly quickly.

Had a super busy morning in the lab, lunch from Amigos, afternoon checking in in the backroom and even though our system was wonky I got through 6 carts and then headed back out to the desk.

After work was the real fun.

My original plans fell through for the night so that meant it was College World Series time!

Missed the opening game cause I had to work so I recorded it.

Mom has picked her team - Oregon State - who lost but they're still in it.

The Wordsmith has also picked his teams - he always goes with North Carolina so I didn't really have to ask, however with him he and I always pick backups.

Mine is Indiana, his is Louisville.

Meaning my backup just kicked his backup's ass.

2-0 final score.

Take that!

I figured, Big Ten, plus Omaha has officially adopted them - we always go for the underdog, Cal State, Stony Brook, etc. etc.

Tomorrow LSU plays - my main team - so we'll see how well they can dominate UCLA.

Who I also like but couldn't pick as my backup since they play each other in the first round.

Anyway, tonight was good.

Relaxing.

Love the College World Series.

And I did more work on camp stuff - so I don't feel guilty for taking a night off to watch baseball.

And my homework is done for the week.

Sent me a confirmation email in the middle of the night last night saying he got my paper.

Scared the crap out of me - you never want to get an email in the middle of the night from your instructor titled "Assignment #1" cause it makes you paranoid that something went wrong.

Apparently someone asked if he would send out confirmation emails so that explains it.

But I'm enjoying this weekend cause discussion boards don't resume until Monday and the next major assignment isn't due until the 24th.

Alright, I was supposed to be sleeping like 4 hours ago so I'm gonna crash and burn.

Here's some music for you.

My new favorite song.

Acapella - Karmin


All the harmony went fallin' out of key so now you gotta find another.

very cool lyric video...the real one comes out after the song is released - on the 25th! - so i'll post that one later.


and if you're not a fan of Karmin - though who isn't really, they're fantastic and from Nebraska so how can you beat that - go with this classic:


another Song You Know But Forgot You Knew It

Let Your Love Flow - Bellamy Brothers


that crowd has no enthusiasm whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment