I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Library Golf, Popcorn Ceilings, Chuck, Churchill and Gin Blossoms...Fore!!

What's with popcorn ceilings?

Like, how did they originate?

Did someone one day decide that their plain flat ceiling was boring and then had a random hose full of popcorn lying around?

Wow, wouldn't this look great up there?

Yeah, let's spray it on the ceiling! My ceiling would look so much cooler if I covered it in tiny bumps...

And then it was all like keeping up with the Joneses.

Gotta have a bumpy ceiling cause smooth ones are out of style.

Or was it more like meant for eclectic people who couldn't tell the difference between the ceiling and the walls so they had to give them different textures just to clarify.

Sorry.

Insomniac question.

Library Golf went fantastic, in case you were wondering.

I know that's why you're all actually here, not to read my ceiling ramblings.



9 holes set up throughout the library.

Two up on fourth floors, ride the broken/get stuck inside elevator down to second floor for one in biographies, music, nonfiction, language and then it's down the back stairway to the bottom of the stairway and over to the adult nonfiction and ending in youth services.

Each of the TAB kids designing and leading their own holes.

Squirt's was Doctor Who themed.

Even made her boyfriend come in and golf, it was amusing.

Rock solid awesome man.

Except that multiple of my members had to leave early so we had some fun staff/volunteer coverage.

Anyway, pictures are being put up on the website, I may steal some of them tomorrow with permission from Info-man who took them. I was too busy running all over four floors to take really any of my own.

Plus he was officially assigned those hours to take pictures so he got plenty.

I know you're all jealous that you didn't get to host a library golf tournament.

For the whole like 20 people who took part.

Not that I was expecting more, with our location I was glad there were any.

Think if we do it again we're gonna open it up to all ages. The only teens that show up to stuff at my branch are the teens already in the advisory board.

But they made me proud today.

Showed up at one, finished their holes, helped out the kids that came through...

Then the new intern and I got to clean it all up.

I'm loving this new intern, today we talked Chuck.



"computer emergency..."

It's nice having someone there my age again.

We had fun, pushing around two flatbed trucks when our main elevator was busted.

The doors would get stuck and all that so instead of us riding in it with our flatbeds we stuck everything in it, sent it downstairs and then ran to meet it.

Highly entertaining.

Just not for the dude who came to fix it.

We were zonked by the end of the takedown you could tell, we were basically just chucking these magazine holders into a pile.

Calling it Queen of the Known Universe's land.

Filled with tiny little magazine people that worship her.

With their own newspaper.

The headlines include:

"Today on her break she read a book!"

Shocking.

Not really.

Those are our zonked out conversations.

So yes, I don't care that only 20 people participated, I would have called 5 a victory.

And even without those 5 my teens would have had fun.

And they did, designing their own holes, I know they were proud of them.

Alright, so that was the highlight of my day - aside from picking the clubs up this morning and dropping them off again.

And now doing homework.

Which is really more of a lowlight, I'm exhausted.

Music and I'm out!

a new one:

Change - Churchill

love it.

and an old one, here's another Song You Know But Forgot You Knew It:

Found Out About You - Gin Blossoms

classic.

Back to Chuck.

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, I'm off of work on Thursday for a doctor's appt in Omaha, so the earliest you'll see either my still photos or video from today's golf event is Friday. Even _I_ haven't had a chance to look at them yet!

    Scott "InfoMan"

    ReplyDelete