I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, June 3, 2013

first of all, pound for calling Taylor Swift "dude"

I hate bugs.

I saw a big one.

And attempted to smash it.

But I missed.

So now I live in terror as I wait to see when and where it will appear again.

Speaking of terror, I think this whole Library Golf thing is putting me into a state of zombie-ness.

Like I'm terrified cause I'm in charge.

But I'm trying not to be terrified.

So I'm just like wandering around attempting to be normal.

I guess, if I were a true zombie I would be terrifying not terrified.

And trying not to be terrifying.

Or maybe zombies like being terrifying, I've never really asked one.

Although that one dude in Warm Bodies wanted to be normal.

Okay, so yes, this kind of crap has been my mindstate all day.

Like, okay, Summer Reading has officially began. I had 171 kids at the kickoff party, I didn't count the parents but I'd guess around 200 people total.

And that was all okay because even though Mentor wasn't there it went okay cause I had help. And now I can breathe again.

Except this morning my niece - and final TAB member - came in to work on her library golf hole - she's going with a Doctor Who theme, even made her own Tardis - and it hit me all at once that LIBRARY GOLF is this freakin' WEDNESDAY!

I just feel unprepared.

Yes, I've arranged to pick up the clubs that morning from the local mini-golf and take them back that night.

Yes, I have plenty of golf balls.

Yes, the posters are up and done.

Yes, appropriate signage is in the works.

Yes, the scorecards are made and printed.

Yes, all of the kids are ready with their holes.

So basically everything I need to do in preparation is done.

But there was no pre-registration so I don't know if I should expect 10 teens or 100 teens.

Cause you can't do pre-registration for teens cause it discourages them from attending.

Or they just ignore it and show up anyway.

I'm just freaked and trying not to be freaked.

Plus one of my kids can't make it so my senior TAB member is covering two holes...on two different floors.

INTERNS!!

I love having these guys around, they keep my sanity in place.

Most days.

Carter keeps looking at the wall behind me and I keep turning around expecting to see that bug again.

I know I pissed it off when I attempted to smash it.

If I show up at the library tomorrow covered in bites you'll know why.

Anyway, before all the attempted bug smashing but after the Library Golf freakage came homework.

And The Voice.

It's my first official day for Summer Semester. I'm in two classes but only one of them is showing up on Blackboard.

Had to panic to the Library Goddess on that one.

The one that's working already has its first Discussion Board up. It's for Library Information Systems. It should be a fun class and useful for everyday Koha experiences, however the textbook was published in 2002... so it's a bit out of date.

And the only reason we're using it is cause the professor wrote it.

I have a feeling I'm going to be relying on a lot of outside sources for this one.

But I read the first two chapters and did all the DB stuff. He doesn't have any number requirements but I'm setting a goal to post one to each DB and then reply to two others each time.

Cause that sounds about normal, depending on the topic.

Considering the only things I know about library systems are what I learned from Info Tech that I took a few semesters ago - and whose teacher is now my Assistant Director.

Plus, you know, working with one every day.

But whatever.

That's Koha, there are many others out there.

I'm sorry, the majority of you reading this have no idea what I'm talking about because you're not library personnel so I shall shut up on that topic.

Moving on!

Anybody watch The Voice tonight?

Sasha rocked it!

Ain't No Way


Before He Cheats


love the "new york style" "sasha fierce"

Danielle...didn't do so great. So she's a bit in jeopardy, though I think Holly is going home.

I wish it was the Swon Brothers but they have all of Oklahoma behind them because of the timing so I'm sure they'll stay.

Despite my feelings for them.

Ugh.

No way they're better than Judith Hill and Sarah Simmons. That was crap.

Amber was great.

Know who else rocked it?

Michelle Chamuel.

Trouble


but she always does.

i love this chick, total underdog and she is dominating.

Loved how she froze when Taylor Swift walked in during her practice.



Though she handled it much better than I would have.

I would be cool with Michelle winning.

Though my guess - now that my number one is out - is that if Danielle makes it to the finals she'll win because of her iTunes buildup alone - cause they all count toward her final total.

I think it's gonna come down to Sasha, Michelle, Amber and Danielle.

Sasha deserves to win it. She is fantastic.

Danielle will probably win because of iTunes, but she is great.

Amber is another underdog cause it was only a one-chair turn, though Blake would have if he could have. And that she's the last woman standing after being paired up with Judith, Sarah and Caroline really gives her cred.

But Michelle would be the ultimate win, seriously.

Seriously, they're all in my top 20 so I'm cheering for them all, and Holly as well, but I will be legitimately pissed if the Swons Brothers win it.




okay, half of you aren't librarians, the other half don't watch The Voice, if you're still hear listen to this cause it's good and I like it and I listened to it on repeat today while checking in in the back room.

Don't Write Me Off - Hugh Grant

love that movie, gonna fall asleep watching it now.

"Gary, I'm going out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment