I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, June 23, 2013

"But avoid the Super 8 there like the plague...unless you want the plague."

Guess what?

I had fun.

Worlds of it.

Literally.

In case you weren't aware, the boyfriend and I went to Worlds of Fun this weekend.

It was packed, but we got fastlane passes so we were able to jump lines.

Ironically, the line for the fastlane passes was the longest line we stood in all day.

Got there at around 11AM and stayed until about 11:45PM.

Did my 17 roller coaster rides - he did more - for some reason I kept getting nauseous which confused me cause last year when we went I was fine the whole day.

Though last year we went in October so it wasn't 90 degrees.

Plus we actually ate stuff.

This year not so much.

But I did wear sunscreen so my mother will be proud.

It was a lot of fun.

When I wasn't having a panic attack and running all over the park retracing my steps.

Why is it that whenever we go somewhere I lose things?

We went to Vegas I lost my camera.

We went to Boone I lost my ring.

We go to Worlds of Fun and I lose my phone.

Temporarily.

The nice man at the Mamba saved it for me.

Pretty sure my mom got called in the process.

Sorry.

The whole time the boyfriend was the picture of cool.

Same with the previous losses.

It's clear which one of us is the more sane.

Though was that really ever questioned?

Anyway, once it was found we went to the car and I left everything in it but the keys.

I did manage to take some pictures before I ditched it though.

We actually took some time to see shows since we had all day.



These guys were pretty good.



Country Junction.

Took a few videos, may upload them later.

AND the spyglasses worked.

So rock on.

Got some cool coaster and drummer videos from them.

Which I will hold off on posting as they are loud and long and I need to fix them first.

It was well worth the trip.

Afterward we were both zonked so we didn't want to drive all the way back.

Stopped at the Super 8 first cause it was right across the street but they were full.

However, their nightshift employee was highly entertaining.

Directing us to other hotels yet warning us to stay away from a different branch of their franchise.

See title of post.

Gotta love it when they're honest.

Ended up staying at a different Super 8 - not the one with the plague - and then came back this morning.

Stopped at a Waffle House along the way.

Awesome chocolate chip waffles.

And raisin toast.

Which reminds me that I need to eat something else today.

Anyway, right before we left Missouri we saw this mega fireworks stand.

And it was kind of like the mother ship was calling me home.



If I were to own a fireworks stand - which I dream about - this would be how I would do it.

Giant warehouse in their backyard.

Posters and figures all over the walls.



(love that paris is in jail with spock as the guard)

Awesome music playing in the background - I'm talking a mix of the best from all the decades.

Plus some awesome discounts - if you spend a certain amount of money you get so much stuff free, however it applies to your next visit.

The staff being as awesome as it was said to go to my car, unload my fireworks and then come back.

Cause that would count as a separate visit.

Did I mention how much I love awesome employees?

Needless to say I spent far too much on fireworks, though it was only certain stuff cause the rest I get from my Dorm Mom.

Who gives me free stuff cause she loves me.

Speaking of, gonna call her this weekend.

I love it, she knows my number so she answers the phone with "yes, we're open!"

Ah, how well she knows me.

Alright, it is getting late and I need to work more on the paper that's due tomorrow at midnight.

Which I have started but just barely.

I did read through all my sources and I have an outline planned.

Now it's just the whole typing thing and the sources thing and the you know, coming up with actual words to say thing.

So, the usual.

Will be glad to be done in December!

Okay, music.

Treasure - Bruno Mars


i'm still debating if i like this song or not. heard it first on the voice - this performance, love the retro jackson 5 approach - and then we heard it on the way back so i'm posting it.

Don't Phunk With My Heart - Black Eyed Peas


another Song You Know But Forgot You Knew It - heard this one on the ride back as well. coincidence that it is also 70's style.

like them better as the Black Eyed Peas than I do separately as will.I.Am and Fergie.

Alright, back to the homework.

Legitimate pre-midnight post, holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment