I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, June 21, 2013

Wanna play dodgerock?

Beard growing contest and go!



While I usually hate these commercials - this one included - I enjoy the dodgerock.

Yes, I know, I didn't post yesterday.

Mostly because the 5 words to describe my day would have been negative (minus Volunteer and Hardware of course).

And I don't like posting when I'm like that cause it turns out like one of Meredith's whiny narratives on Grey's.

Even The Bosswomen have noticed I'm not happy.

And apparently they talk about it cause I had one check on me in the morning and the other check on me in the afternoon.

I'm in a slump of sorts.

It's more of a long story.

Lack of sleep probably isn't helping.

So, it's time for a weekend off.

Get out of my head and have fun.

Worlds of it.

Yes, we're headed to KC for more roller coasters.

And guessing from how it went last year it's gonna be 10AM to even later this year because I don't have to work the next day.

Huzzah!

And, as previously mentioned, he is obsessive about roller coasters. Last year we rode like 17 times in a 10 hour period.

Go here for our adventures from last year: The Difference Between "If" and "When"


5 words for today
Library
Laundry
Pack
Camp
Homework

Library - the day flew by pretty quickly. Got to see one of my TAB kids and another future TAB kid. Two of my new adult volunteers came in to shelve. And three new aides are starting this week. We lost a few of our lifers, but that's more of a long story.

Laundry - you know how you think you're caught up with laundry so you don't do it for a few days and then you're like crap, where did this come from? I'm there. So load after load so I have clothes for this weekend.

Pack - the question is, what to wear tomorrow. It's gonna be hot, so not jeans. I'm debating t-shirts, it's down to Star Wars or Warehouse 13. Also, what do you do when you're not allowed to take pictures with your camera while riding roller coasters? Buy spy glasses with a camera in them of course! Stoked. Though I'm sure I'll lose them somewhere along the way. If not I'll hit you with some cool videos when I get back.

Camp - got a ton of application forms yesterday and today so I spent most of the night uploading those and sending out confirmation emails. Looking good so far though super short on teen help and female counselors.

Homework - I have a massive paper due on Monday at midnight. I've started on it sort of. Meaning I found sources but done nothing else. Oh, I did clear the topic with the professor. Does that count? I'm thinking of printing off the sources and reading them on the drive out there and back. Then writing up an outline so I can get it done on Sunday when we get back.

and that was my day.

Oh, I stopped for gas so we'd have enough for the trip there.

And I called the Little Shelver Boy my fake boyfriend. But again, that's a long story.

Oh yeah, and I'm watching CWS. Go UCLA!

And I talked to Obi Wan about camp stuff.

And at some point I worked with the new temp and we talked roller coasters. And my family being goofy.

Oh yeah, Wordie and I quoted Monty Python.

"what are you gonna do, bleed on me?" "your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

There. That was my day.

Song of the day:

I Hope You're the End of My Story - Pistol Annies


love these girls.

last night I fell asleep at 11:30 - I know!! So early!! I was proud. Yet I was still space cadet in the morning.

tonight I'm posting early so I can print off those sources and then crash.

he says we're leaving at like 8 tomorrow morning.

i will probably sleep on the way there.

then it's fun in the sun. the hot hot sun. and then apparently a bigass moon, which is gonna be super cool whilst riding roller coasters.

go here: Supermoon 2013

sorry, worked reference most of today, it never ends.

legitimate pre-midnight post, holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment