I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Life size Angry Birds anyone?

You know it's gonna be a weird day when you wake up to this conversation:

*talking about giving iPads to grandkids for Xmas*
Oldest Sister: "I just hope [CK] doesn't decide to pop one out so she gets an iPad."
Second Sister: "I hope she does."
Oldest Sister: "Me too, let's talk to [the boyfriend]."
Mom: "I'll get her one.....An iPad, not a kid."
Second Sister: "Tessa needs a cousin playmate. Whoever steps up to the plate will be my fave."
Mom: "Ain't gonna be me."
Oldest Sister: "I would love to be your fave but I'm too old to puke for 9 months."
Mom: "You are not too old though, I can tell you that for sure!"

she says cause she had me when she was older than Oldest Sister is now.

This is what you wake up to when you teach your mother how to text.

Ah, the joys of family.


I think I helped like 25 people today.

Tops.

Sundays are slow, except for the computer lab. That was hopping.

It was mostly quiet, a screaming kid every couple hours or so but that was it.

Which makes it a good day for scheduling.

Drafting a schedule for next school year's TAB.

Any ideas throw them my way.

I'm thinking...life size angry birds.



Thoughts?

Okay, maybe for Camp J.

We have the space and resources.

No, I came up with a lot of ideas, whether the teens like them or not I guess I'll find out in the fall.

I'm very democratic when it comes to the schedule - the first meeting I present them with my ideas, they give me theirs and we debate as to what we want to do for that year. If there's a tie they make a case and then we vote again.

Last year we did:
the artwork project - decorating the young adult area, made our own bookmarks, etc.
world kindness day - apple juice and crafts hosted at the home branch
the holiday party - apples to apples, pizza, ice cream
scavenger hunt - my design, trivia about the library mixed in with physical scavenger hunt
read across america - dr. seuss celebration at the mall, local celebrities reading, tv crews all over

along with the regular paperback processing party, volunteer recognition, and the kickoff.

plus the hunger games and cosplay parties that the other branches hosted. think it's our turn to host, gonna have to come up with something good.

Upcoming year I'm thinking:
Game Day - board and video
Movie Night - something teen related
Poetry Slam - theirs or something published
Open Mic Night - karaoke, stand up
Holiday Party - they liked this and want it continued
Cupcake Decorating - book themed or otherwise
Pop Culture Trivia Night - just cause it sounds fun

amongst other things.

Tomorrow I go in 4-6.

But hopefully that will change to 2-4.

And then in future weeks I'll just take a half hour lunch.

We only work 6 hours on Sundays so we have to make up the 2 hours during the week.

Originally I set it up so I would be there for the 2 hours that Squirt volunteered but since she's busy and can't come in anymore now it's just obnoxious timing.

Cause you can't really do anything or go anywhere.

Half hour lunches will be easier.

Though less Wipeout will be watched.

But it's either that or going in early.

And you know me and mornings.

Anyway, 2 hours of work tomorrow afternoon.

Hoping to do something with the boyfriend tomorrow night.

Get dinner, see a movie, whatever.

Right now I'm exhausted so I'm gonna crash.


Songs of the day:

cause it was stuck in my head after hearing it on the way to work....

I Saw Her Again - the Mamas and the Papas


grew up listening to these guys and still love them.

i've always been curious about 2:43. was that intentional or did they just not have the time to re-record it?


cause i can't believe it's been almost 3 years and I haven't already posted it...

Black Velvet - Alannah Myles


i don't know how i have not already posted this as it is one of my favorite classic songs.

love the original music video.

think the guys in her band have longer hair than she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment