I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, March 31, 2012

While the angels sang a whiskey lullaby

Another day, another marathon of Swamp People.

Plus some HeeHaw.

But that's what happens when you don't visit the farmhouse for two months, your father has shows lined up for you to watch.

And then hits his head and winds up in the emergency room.

Quote of the night:
Mom: "Guess where I am?"
Me: "Where?"
Mom: "The hospital."
Me: "Seriously? I leave for five minutes..."

He needed stitches and apparently the doc started stitching him before the numbing took effect. I asked if he socked him in the face. After all the crap this past year with the white walls and sterylized equipment I would have been tempted to.

But he's always been a great doc to me so...

He's probably used to the after hours calls from us by now. As a kid I went over there multiple nights to get my arm put back into socket. Apparently that happened a lot, it got pulled out or something. Then he taught my brother how to do it. Sounds painful, must have blocked it out. I'm not good with that stuff, makes me cringe.

Anyway, aside from watching Liz kick some major gator butt, I took my car for an oil change at my favorite mechanic's aka the boyfriend's house. He's handy like that. It was highly entertaining.

Mom has invited him for Easter. We'll see if he is brave enough to face the crazy. Church, dinner then a massive egg hunt. I told him there would probably be a lot of card playing after, as has become tradition at family gatherings. Or maybe we'll switch it up for some Apples to Apples but that's highly doubtful.

Will have to teach him how to play, as seems to be the tradition when siblings bring in significant others. It's like a rite of passage or something.

Moving on.

What kind of hats do they wear at the North Pole?

Ice caps.

Or that's what my popsicle stick says.

Popsicle sticks, I hate popsicles sticks.

SuperHumann used to use them in high school when no one would raise their hand. They'd be numbered so whoever got pulled had to answer.

Though I remember it backfired one time during government class. She also used them to assign partners, this time she partnered me with my boyfried of the time. The look on her face was priceless. So we were loud and obnoxious and lived it up. She was not amused.

Pretty sure that came around the same class as:
SH: "What's unique about the word equal."
no one answers...raise hand
Me: "It has a q in it?"
red marker flies passed my head.

We had a lot of fun in that class. Speaking of, Jessica and I used to drive around York when dropping Smo off for PT and we came across Iowa Avenue with lots of hills and a sign that says "Dip". We told SuperHumann about the "dip"s and she replied,
"Well, there's two of them in the car."

Ouch.

So tonight when I drove passed the Iowa Avenue roadsign I had to laugh.

The joys of small town Nebraska and class with SuperHumann.

Alright, I'm out for the night. Class tomorrow means I should get some sleep, that way I can actually understand all the numbers and data entries they'll be explaining tomorrow.

"Whiskey Lullaby" Brad Paisley

well that was depressing.

"She Said Yes" Chad Brock

the boyfriend and i had a debate about the lyrics on this one. he says it "he said why" while i say "he said wow" cause it makes more sense and rhymes better.

thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment