I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, March 30, 2012

She's been living in her white bread world...

The library may be a dangerzone at the moment, but at least we're still us.

I enjoy us.

We're quite humorous.

Especially when we jump in on the big money lottery together.

And we're too nice to pull a cut-throat Jersey construction worker move...or at least I think we are.

Administration actually has their own pool going too, which makes me laugh that there's two of us.

Public service is gonna dominate.

Just saying.

Even if by chance we did win - you know that 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000.... chance - I'd probably still stick around.

Library has become my life.

Not sure what else I would do.

Before I was lazy. Not like super lazy, but I would have been content to do nothing, lay around watch TV and all that.

Now on my day off I go crazy. Force myself to take a nap or something. I know, my life is so rough whatever.

I got the weekend off for the first time this month so I headed out to the farmhouse. Granted I have class on Sunday so it's not completely stress-free.

Speaking of, should probably have finished my homework tonight but got caught up in Swamp People.

Yes, that Swamp People.

Dad keeps calling and leaving me messages about Swamp People and all these episodes he's taping.

So, when I get the chance for a weekend off and decide to come home for the first time in months I'm bombarded with the awesomeness that is cajun accents and humor.

I enjoy that now Liz has her own boat and a female partner, that's fantastic. They make me laugh. She's my favorite, loved her with Troy. "Choot 'em, Lizbet!"

Mom bought me a shirt with her on it.

And got Dad one with Willy on it.

Cause apparently that's his favorite.

Which makes me laugh.

If you've seen the show you'll know what I'm talking about.

Though he is good with a treble hook.

Pics of the day:


we have little magnets that label the sections of the nonfiction. this one's a little questionable. actually led to a humorous debate this morning. i said it's a verb but not a noun. one of the awesome aides argued that it could be different groups of fish so that would make them fishes. hmm.
it's always amusing when you get a bunch of english majors together and debate about something completely pointless in the AM.
the plural of deer is deer.
the plural of moose is moose.
the plural of goose is geese.
the plural of mouse is mice.
the plural of fish is....
love it.


that is one bigass bag of popcorn. compare it to the size of the chair or the fridge in the background. sometimes there are random snacks in the staffroom. i'm guessing this one made an appearance because of the destruction area that we call the second floor. and sections of the first.

this whole painting thing plus the shift is crazy and never ending. but at least we get to work on our limbo skills whilest maneuvering crime scene tape.


and the dish ran away with the spoon....or the cat ran away with the string...same thing.


Song of the day:

"Uptown Girl" Billy Joel

gonna say, the dancing right away at 2:35 kinda freaked me out, though i did immensely enjoy the leg kicks at 2:45

or you could go with this version:


I'm all for Billy Joel. We remixed We Didn't Start the Fire to match up with our Camp J highlights.

though the original version is much better. will have to find it and upload it.

2 comments:

  1. I remember when we barcoded that we got so silly we hurt with laughter. Our favorite game was taking the book title we were putting the label on and adding Lincoln city Libraries to end of it. You'd get things like "The Angry Man's Guide to Lincoln city Libraries," etc. etc. Well, we had to entertain ourselve somehow.

    You guys need to have a mongo food day soon! Work always goes better with chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's fantastic. it's like fortune cookies you add in the phrase "with coffee" after its advice.
      or in college we would add "and then i found ten dollars" to the end of a story.

      yes, chocolate rocks. i am a big fan.

      Delete