I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, March 25, 2012

You're my brown eyed girl.

So the wedding.

Awesome.

Oldest Sister dragged me dress shopping last week.

I got multiple. She did a victory dance.

But I'm not the girliest girl - which you have probably figured out by now - so I made Smo choose.

And the bride approved so she chose well.

Though I think my favorite moment was probably the boyfriend's facial expression when he saw me in the dress. Made me laugh.

Told him not to get used to it.

He says maybe it'll grow on me.

Highly doubtful, but a guy can dream.

The wedding was great. I told Beej I was proud she made it through without crying. She said she about lost it walking down the aisle.

I'm like, that's when you lean over and say "Dad, slow down, I need a minute!!"

As fun as the wedding was, the reception was 10 times as awesome.

And I gotta throw this out there. It was like a freakin' reunion. So many NELHS alum that one of our recruiters - the one who recruited me - made us take a group picture. We'll see where that one ends up. Highly likely it'll make its way to Facebook eventually.

Which reminds me that I need to upload my pictures...from the wedding and I still haven't put up the Alumni vs. Called Worker game pictures either. Woops.

Anyway, it's highly amusing now that everyone I went to high school with is old enough to drink. Needless to say many hijinks ensued. And most of them either won't be remembered and shouldn't be repeated so I'll leave it at that.

Though I do have to repeat this one.

The boyfriend was telling us a tale of a girl who thought that the song "Strawberry Wine" was some sort of reference to Jesus.
Smo looks over, serious as ever, and yells over the music, "But, it's about wine!!"

It was a great night. I had a lot of fun dancing, and chatting with some old high school friends - got to jam with Smo and Shel and Frizzy, yeah Sideburns!! and Sloan - I forgot how much fun these people were. There's a reason I loved high school. Even the boyfriend hit it off with some former college classmate who was randomly there.

So it was all about old friends making new memories and all that jazz.

Today, on the other hand, as much fun as it is to take over the library with a big shot of estrogen - there were 5 of us there today and we're all female - the majority us were dead on our feet. So I was glad it was relatively slow.

After work it was homework and then I finally got around to watching The Whistleblower.



Dark. And scary. And depressing. And more depressing.

But based on a true story, about a NEBRASKA cop turned peace-officer in Bosnia who uncovers a human trafficking ring. It's interesting watching the interviews with the real Kathryn Bolkovac. She literally wasn't trying to be a hero, she was just trying to do her job. It's completely fascinating but totally depressing.

Scale of Awesome says about a 7/10 I watched all the way through, couldn't leave until I knew how it ended. Not completely what I expected, but it definitely had its moments. And I mean how can you turn down Rachel Weisz and Nebraska? Really?

Alright, on the music:

"Brown Eyed Girl" Everclear


almost good as the original but it's hard to beat a classic

"What I Like About You" The Romantics

love the original and the remake by lillix. and the show. the show was fabulous.

Extra fun fact I learned today at work. The song "Over the Rainbow" by Judy Garland is considered a love song. From the 60's.

Which is ironic. Because it's neither a love song nor from the 60's.

And yet it made a 60's love songs compilation CD.

Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment