I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, March 9, 2012

Chocolate Fixes Everything

Queen of the Known Universe is really the queen.

We had this massive update of our ILS system last night and it has some glitches. So there were a lot of frantic moments, mostly this morning.

So, when our Assistant Director comes down to check on us and asks how it’s going she says something to the effect of, “you know what would make it better? Chocolate.”

Jokingly of course.

He goes to lunch.

Comes back with bags of chocolate.

For serious.

Made my day.

I totally busted out laughing cause it was oh my god, he actually brought us chocolate!

And it helped man. We were stoked. Chocolate really does fix all.

I figured that out in high school. An old friend of mine and myself had this theory that just kept getting expanded on.

Originally it was chocolate fixes all. Then it was chocolate and Moulin Rouge fixes all. Then it was chocolate, Moulin Rouge, and apple juice fixes all. And I think it ended with chocolate, Moulin Rouge, apple juice and Carrie’s broken chair fixes all.

Yes I had a broken chair.

And it was awesome.

It was a recliner that stabbed you if you walked by too closely cause the footrest was broken.

My parents hated it cause I brought it home with me from the dorms.

Shortly after I moved out it mysteriously disappeared.

Hmmm…much like my Titans hat that I wore every day…

I’m lucky I escaped with my tearaways! Though I’m sure people are proud that I rarely wear them anymore. As I don’t really have a chance.

Didn’t we just have this conversation? I’m a workaholic? Right? Yeah, we figured that out a couple days ago.

Not that it wasn’t apparent before then.

But this whole chocolate thing is killing my good behavior for the dentist. Apparently I drink too much pop and chew too much gum. Now Mom wants to buy me a water pik, whatever that is, but it would probably be useful. Then maybe I wouldn't have to give up the pop and gum. Cause that's clearly not happening.

Tonight was fun. Had sushi and a movie with Oldest Sister and family. We watched Tower Heist - which I took the kids to see in theaters - and it had alternate endings. They were both good and should have been added, cause you could have the original and both the additions. They should have them.

Oh well, guess more people will have to watch the DVD to see them.

"If you get shot in your head, it's over. If you get shot in your face, the bullet will go through your cheek and come out the other side!"

We still died, actually Squirt and I kept going, it's almost to the best part, sh it's coming up!

Then the maid went rogue, ran into the FBI guy with the cart and said into the radio, "he was allergic to chocolate, i had to beat him" and we both died.

Best part of the whole movie, though the whole thing is good.

It's hard to have a bad movie when you have so many good actors in it. Ben Stiller, Eddie Murphy, Matthew Broderick, Casey Affleck, Gabourey Sidibe, Alan Alda, even Téa Leoni was pretty badass in it. Though the last movie I saw with her in it was Fun With Dick and Jane...which wasn't too fantastic.

Guess what?!

I get to sleep in tomorrow! So don't call me tomorrow morning! Cause I'm sleeping passed noon.

I'm still exhausted. Girlscout says maybe I have mono. I went NOOO!! Don't even say it!!!

I had that once before and it was not cool.

But I'm tired all the time. Oldest Sister says I just haven't caught up on sleep yet. Which is true, I haven't been sleeping much lately.

Tonight I will. Gonna put in some Charlie's Angels season one and crash with my big fat cat.

I'm still counting car crashes, I bet I can reach double digits by disc 4!

"Elephant Love Medley" Moulin Rouge

because everyone should have someone to scream at in a giant elephant.

No comments:

Post a Comment