I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, March 5, 2012

"It's funny cause it's true"

How much crap can I have accumulated in two years?

Seriously?

I moved from my makeshift desk upstairs, to an actual desk downstairs and it took like three whole carts back and forth to get it all moved.

But it's not my fault!

Cause it's all the supplies and TAB stuff!!

None of it was mine!!

Well.

The snack-age was mine.

Gotta have some girlscout cookies in the drawer.

Poptarts.

Maybe some animal crackers.

But the rest was all library!!

Not that it's a problem, though it was interesting making everything fit into three drawers and then improvising with some TAB stuff to get it all jammed into a box under the desk.

I miss my shelves.

But I'll live.

I like it down there actually, it's quiet and there's space.

Plus I'm right next to Slim Shady, across from Fearless Leader and Mentor, and cady-corner to the Queen of the Known Universe.

So how can you go wrong there?

Though, if all of us were down there at once I don't know how much work would get done, they are highly entertaining.

Even when they're falling out of chairs.

Slim Shady and I have decided to deck out our area with our random signage.

We do a lot of displays, AND I'M PROUD OF MY SPUNKY OLD LADIES MONTH DISPLAY SIGN!

It will live eternally.

Joyful and triumphant.

But you gotta make your desk your own.

Today felt a bit like my first day back, as I was sick and/or out of it most of last week.

I was even professional, making two different very professional phone calls that I've been putting off and can't any longer. AND THE ONE DUDE ANSWERED!

Which is crap, and totally threw me off.

Cause he never answers.

And I enjoy leaving him a voicemail cause it's quick and painless.

I can't say that about the second dude though.

Summer Reading is quickly approaching and I still haven't heard anything since initial contact.

But I'm a nerd.

And I get nervous.

Fearless Leader said I was very professional leaving a message for the Summer Reading dude.

Gonna have to leave another if he doesn't get in touch with me tomorrow. I'm running out of time.

Plus Mentor is out of town.

Speaking of, TAB meeting tomorrow. Those kids are gonna eat me alive, but I'm giving them snacks. So that should help. Plus I have it all planned out.

Sort of.

I mean, she came up with the agenda, I just have to stick to it plus add in the stuff we forgot.

Squirt got started on some of the projects - the kids want to refurbish the library, basically take old books that are going to be withdrawn and make them into these craft things.

She was in today making a wreath thing, I told her she would most likely get funny looks cause she was tearing pages out of a book.

I'd actually worry more if she didn't get funny looks.

I think she secretly enjoyed ripping up a copy of Twilight.

I know I would have.

Have you read the thing?! We had to in college. I'm sorry, she knows the guy for like 2 days and already she belongs to him and can't live without him?! Seriously?!

Couldn't do the sequels.

My brother drug me to the movies.

And please keep in mind that he's fifteen years older than I am.

But that's okay, I enjoy going to movies with him. We saw those, RED, Narnia, Max Payne, etc. Random mix but enjoyable.

He's a good brother.

Speaking of family, yes another segue, tonight was fun.

Monday nights have developed into a routine of sorts. Since Squirt volunteers on Mondays I take her home, and Oldest Sister cooks dinner, then we watch The Voice and Castle. It's fun and relaxing. Plus the kids are really funny.

"You made me snot my water."
don't ask, please.

"It's a noun and a verb, it's a triple threat."
no it's a double threat.

And I've learned that "your face" is the new "your mom". So if Bubby asks you, "guess what?" don't answer.

He was telling us blonde jokes. The most memorable being the red head asking her mother why she named her petal.

Her mother replies that a petal fell on her head when she was born.

The brunette asks her mother why she was named Rose.

Her mother replied that a rose fell on her head when she was born.

The blonde said, "my favorite color is potatoes!"

Her mother yelled "Shutup Brick!"


and that was my day. Another one just like it tomorrow, working but this time I'll come home to homework instead.

I did register for my classes though, huzzah!

"Let's Dance" Chris Montez

we'll do the twist, the stomp the mashed potato too.... i always wondered how they came up with the name mashed potato. doesn't sound like a dance move. but i'm diggin' it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment