I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, March 1, 2012

What's an enigma?

Almost made it.

Got to the halfway point and it all went south.

Stupid food.

Made me sick.

First actual meal I've eaten in like 3 days. Serves me right, I'm going back to fasting man.

Mom picked me up halfway through the day and took me to the doctor.

He says it's strep.

Fantastic.

But he gave me some good drugs.

Speaking of, I will probably be out soon.

So I better make this quick.

You know when you're sitting in the doctor's office, after the nurse leaves, and you're patiently waiting for the doctor to show up?

And that's when the most random of thoughts or songs or quotes or whatever just hits you?

Is that just me?

Cause it's like that at the dentist too.

That's why I bring my ipod.

To drown out the crazy random.

Yes, the crazy random.

Go with it.

Today, I figured he wouldn't be long since it was really just us in the waiting room, so I left the ipod in my pocket.

I wasn't wrong...I mean, I wasn't right, but I wasn't wrong, but then I had to think of something to think about that wasn't going to make me nauseous. Cause there were pictures of needles and organs gross stuff that made me nauseous.

And that's the common denominator in all of my problems lately. Nausea.

So I'm thinking...hmm...what's a good and awkward song to sing in a doctor's office that you've never been to before?

No, not really.

It actually just came out of nowhere, like most of the songs that get stuck in my head do.

I got hit with this one.

"Glee Club Rehearsal"


We did "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" my junior year of high school. And this scene was probably my favorite of the whole thing. We did pretty well, but one of the nights I totally broke out laughing during this thing live onstage.

I was Peppermint Patty, my boyfriend - at the time - played Linus, haha um my current boyfriend - but was not at that time - played Charlie Brown.

Oh yeah, and then to make things more awkward since you know Patty is supposed to be secretly in love with Chuck and all that, for One Act that same year we did this play called "Candid" in which I was the girlfriend of my current boyfriend, but again at that time I was with...I'm just gonna call him Linus cause that'll make things easier.

The NEXT year, we did "Arsenic and Old Lace" in which I was engaged to Linus, but at that time, I was dating my current boyfriend.

So there was that switch.

But it really made a lot of scenes very awkward, especially those geared toward romance.

Yeah.

There were a lot of those.

Somehow I was typecast as the girlfriend.

Huh.

High school drama, eh.

Anyway, I loved every minute of that. And if I could go back I totally would. We had so much fun, even backstage dancing behind the scenes. I'm pretty sure I told you about the gum story.

We put gum into one of the Valentine's that Charlie Brown opened onstage - we always do a lot of weird stuff like throw in extra stuff on the last night - and he was like, WHAT?!

Awesome.

Yeah, found it, for more pictures and behind-the-scenes stuff go here: My Life in Closed Captions: Christmas time is here, Happiness and cheer

We had too much fun.

Glee Club Rehearsal

i really love everyone's facial expressions in this one just because they all individually make me laugh.

Arsenic and Old Lace

yes a dress - there was actually more than one dress, the other one took 2 people to get me into it - plus silver heels. you should see those things man, they killed me - i had to run across the stage in them without like making loud clacking noises or dragging my feet and sliding all over the place cause we had floor mikes. that was fun. and took coordination. which took time. cause i don't wear heels.

Okay, I'm going to go take some drugs.

That sounds really bad, but the doctor told me to, I swear!

And then I'm gonna konk out.

And wake up tomorrow to do all my homework for this weekend.

I hope you have a good weekend. If you don't hear from me I'm probably sleeping.

2 comments:

  1. I just picked myself up off of the floor after seeing you in a dress! You look great!

    Strep huh?Usually some heavy duty penicillin (sp?) gets you on your feet in a day or two. Good thing you went to the doc, that's nothin to mess around with.

    As to the Ipod I don't do that anymore now that I have a Kindle. My arthritis doctor was so intrigued with mine he bought himself one.

    So put yourself to bed and STAY there till you get better. They'll manage at the lib without you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, in the other dress i had to sit on the windowseat (that the body was hidden in) and do my makeup...FOR 8 PAGES!

      Delete