I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, March 16, 2012

Thoughts from my Nitrous-addled brain…plus the GCB

Apparently, if my six-year-old nephew can get cavities filled I can get cavities filled.

Or so said my mother in her pep talk on the way to the dentist this morning.

Made me feel semi-pathetic but it worked. I can get cavities filled. As long as there is nitrous involved.

Dude, that stuff is wicked awesome. And I was on it for over an hour so there were a lot of random thoughts that went through my mind.

Thoughts that came to mind while I was on Nitrous:

-Dude. What if like people didn’t have noses. That would suck. Then we’d always have to breathe through our mouths. And then if something happened to your mouth you couldn't breathe. And then you'd be dead. All cause you had no nose.

-Dude. If I flinch is he going to slice off my tongue?

-Dude. That freakin’ repurposing project is this week. How am I gonna finish all those crafts, pilfer a mass amount of withdrawn books, and act semi-crafty in front of the kids? Granted I’ve started on some but they are questionable. But that’s what Squirt and Mentor are for.

-Dude. How awful of an editor am I? I’ve had her stories for over two months and they’re still not finished. How did I used to have time to do all this stuff plus write my own before? Oh right, that was college. Who studied in college? Joe Studley doesn’t like it when I say I guessed or rambled about stuff and got a 4.0 for two semesters.

-Dude. I’m running out of time on my DVR. I need to watch some of those shows so I can delete them and add more.

-Dude. I have so many useless fact books checked out that I should probably make an attempt at reading. Or the one Wordie gave me. A year ago. That’s still sitting on my endtable. But I don’t read books I check out from the library. I think they’re a good idea, so I check them out. And then ultimately I get distracted. However, if I buy the book then I don’t have to worry about due dates or if I’m in the mood to read in this three week period. And then I read.

-Dude. I’m gonna take a monster nap after this.

-Dude. My freakin’ curtains have yet to be hung up in the living room. I hate napping in the light.

-Dude. How does this crap stay in your mouth? If I eat something is it gonna come out. I will puke. Or pass out. Or puke and then pass out.

-Dude. Puking and passing out is not pleasant.

There were a few more Dude’s, but I’ll move on, you get the point.

My dentist rocks. And my hygenist sits with me to make sure I don't pass out.
And they let me wear headphones. Though no singing, sorry Sensei. I was competent enough to control that.

And it wasn't so bad. I made them laugh when I told them my sibling's story. Basically Second Sister was like,
"why does the dentist pinch you when you have a cavity?" and my brother was like,
"that's not a pinch you idiot that's a shot."
and she didn't believe him so he said to keep her eyes open when she's there, then she saw the needle and hated my brother for that.

So after the joy that was nitrous and the fact that I couldn't feel anything or swallow anything for like hours I took a nap. It was wicked awesome. Except it's light out so I really need to hang up these curtains. They've been sitting on my foosball table for like a year.

After my wicked awesome nap with my cat I caught up on some DVR. I don't think he knows what to do when I'm home during the day. He just stares at me. Or bites me cause I'm on his couch.

Anyway, DVR. So I watched Missing. Fantastic. Ashley Judd is a badass. Which I don't think I've said since Double Jeopardy.

Caught up on Bones, it was very creepy at the beginning which was exciting cause it's always so comedic and that's a change of pace. Reminded me of the Gormagon episodes, which were awesome. But then this one ended randomly - it was like is this a cliffhanger or not? Cause I mean are they going to pursue him next episode or is this just another one of those they'll come back to later. There was no big moment at the end to explain. I wish it was a bigger cliffhanger, you know? Something that would make me start watching it live time again? It's not as exciting anymore now that they're finally together. Sorry, ramble-nation.

The GCB is fabulous. I'm in love with it already and there's only been two episodes. BUT IT'S SO FUNNY!

Leslie Bibb is great as ever it's good to see her back in a starring role, Kristin Chenowith is always fantastic, plus you throw in a bunch of other actresses that I know from all these other shows and it's like I KNOW YOU! But how the hell do I know you? Like the chick that plays Heather, took me until the second episode to realize what she was from. I just kept seeing her dancing and hanging out of a limo. And then it hit me, VEGAS VACATION!

Anyway, I love it because it's original and it has fantastic one-liners.

Here are a few of my favorites:

-My bible's in my other purse.

-Why would anyone in their right mind leave Dallas for southern California? We’ve got the same weather without the liberals!

-She’s a yo-yo’er, right now the yo is up.

-Oh darlin’ you were a bitch with teeth.

-You reap what you sow – that’s Texan for karma.

-Onward you christian soldier.

-Got a job at a booby bar.
- think that's my favorite cause she says it so blase in her opening narrative

-My husband just died, I’m still mourning the bastard for god’s sake!

-...or I’m gonna move me and the kids to a refrigerator box under the interstate, understood?
-As long as it’s the I-20, nobody we know ever rides that road.

-God she’s such a Pharisee.
-Well, someone’s been reading her New Testament.
-No I just googled hypocrisy.

-You have two guns? Mother what are you afraid of?
-*pulls out a shotgun* Not a damn thing.


So yes, you should watch it. It's fantastic. And now I'm stoked for Scandal. Though it doesn't start until like Mid-April.

Alright, DVR is updated, homework is done and posted, tomorrow is 9-6 so I'm out!


"Moves Like Jagger" Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera

awesome jam song.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You made it through your dental appointment-and without singing! although not sure I like the dig about competency :-)

    Haven't seen the new shows you mention but I'll take a look. Very often our tastes coincide-I know, scary huh?

    Have to admit I've given up on Bones. The Seeley, Temp relationship has just gotten too weird. Liked them better as they were. Yeah, I'm a curmedgeon (sp?).

    What is this re-purposing thing you keep talking about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the repurposing is basically a TAB activity. we're taking a bunch of withdrawn books and making them into book bursts and houses and wreaths and mobiles and all that stuff. and then putting them all over the library. they seem pretty excited about it. i'll have to take pictures.

      Delete
  2. I would have thought that a better re-purposing of withdrawn books would be to give them to an institution that needed them or put them in the book sale. I felt that way about the ones I brought to south too. Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just doing what i'm told. learned it's best to keep my head down at work. but the kids seemed to enjoy it. i'm making a log cabin. it will probably take me about a month to finish it...

      Delete