I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, March 2, 2012

You wear those shoes and I will wear that dress

It's weird, I've spent more days at my apartment this week than I've spent at work.

This whole sick thing sucks.

But I'm going in tomorrow no matter what.

I've got good drugs - I'm actually about 90% better which is substantially more than the 60% I was feeling the day I attempted to go but went home mid-day.

So, today.

Got half my homework done. Did all the reading and paper to go with it, now all I have left is the presentation. Which I've started.

Sort of.

I mean, I found some of the information.

Now I just have to input it into a powerpoint and figure out what I'm gonna say.

It's seriously like a 5 minute thing max so I'm not too freaked.

I've got time tomorrow night to finish it, at the moment I can't really take anymore cataloging jargon and codes.

Aside from being semi-productive I actually got around to watching Moneyball.

It was fantastic!

Usually I'm not a big fan of movies that Jonah Hill is in.

It's nothing against him, I think he's a great actor, I just am not a fan of his movies.

Does that make sense?

I dunno, Knocked Up, Grandma's Boy, all that crap, not really my thing. Sorry.
Though I did like Accepted. "I don't want to be here alone when the walls start to bleed!"

But in this one, when he was a serious actor, that was impressive.

And Brad Pitt is always a pretty method actor so I thought it was fantastic.

I'm a baseball fan, though not of the A's so I didn't know much about the storyline. It's actually pretty cool.

Basically Brad Pitt's character is the General Manager of the Oakland A's - this was like the 2002 season - and they had lost three of their greatest players. So, he's working on recruiting new people with his team of scouts and basically comes across Jonah Hill's character in the process of talking to other team's coaches about trading people.

Jonah's character is Peter Brand and he's more of a statistics person. He follows this math-based approach of recruiting so Brad basically hires him as his assistant and they start recruiting all these people that got overlooked by other scouts because of the way they throw or run or whatever.

I won't give away the rest of the storyline but it was actually really interesting and accurate, apparently. They didn't throw in a mass amount of comedy or drama to change the real life story.

Scale of Awesome says 8/10. Not something that I'd want to watch over and over and over, but it was really interesting and I had to watch it all the way through.

Yeah, not a lot of other things to do when you're sick other than watch TV and sleep.

So, at some point during this week I've watched that, Real Steel and The Debt.

Real Steel was good, I was looking forward to seeing it since I first saw the preview like a year ago. Jackman was a boxer, but in the future people want to watch robots fight instead because it is more intense so he has this robot, and of course because you have to add in drama he owes a lot of money to people. After his girlfriend dies he has to take custody of their son and he's awful, doesn't know anything about parenting. But the kid likes robots so they bond and all that.

It was alright, not as good as I thought it would be, I'd give it about a 7/10.

And then The Debt. Anything with Helen Mirren is worth watching, even Arthur had its moments. The storyline jumps back and forth between the present and the past when she was a part of a 3 man team to capture a really bad guy and take him back to their country to be tried. After this mission they became these legendary agents and her daughter writes a book about the experience but it's false cause what they say happened isn't really how it went down. Now they have to fix it, etc.

It was interesting, but again not something I will watch over and over. Another 7/10 cause it was interesting and mysterious.

Music Rec's

"Astronaut" Priscilla Ahn

love her, even sings backup to joshua radin on my favorite song, but this song gives me pause. it's like someone told her to write a song about astronauts, birds, elephants and fish. and make is similar to sixpence's kiss me.

no idea why, but it reminds me of this one.

"Kiss Me" Sixpense None the Richer

classic.

Alright, I'm off to bed. Gotta make it all the way through tomorrow and then class Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment